Forum
Last updated: 

What are the rewards and highlights of referring a friend to the Citi Cash Back Visa Card?

I hope to make some extra cash by referring some friends to the Citi Cash Back Visa Card and would love to be made conversant with the rewards and benefits to it for such referrals. What are the exact steps the/I should take to complete the process?

User comments

• user image

No Name

You get rewarded when your friends apply as new Citi Card members and spend 62,500 Points when they apply as a new Citi Prestige Card member by S$50 + Up to S$1,500 Bonus cash when your friends successfully apply as a new card member. You basically generate your unique referral link and share your unique referral link with your friends, your friends have to click on the unique referral link and complete a credit card application online. You can get up to S$1,500 Bonus cash when you refer up to your 15th referral.

2019.08.01 5:23

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Earn additional bonus cashback with minimum spending of $888 in the statement month

Generally speaking, I find this card to be pretty good card as quite a number of the merchants that they partner with for the promotions are those whom I visit frequently to earn a decent cash rebate from my purchases and overall spending. And not until recently did I realize that one can get to earn additional bonus cashback with minimum spending of $888 in the statement month, so therefore with proper planning on all your bigger purchase it can help you gain more cash rebates faster.

With this card you can get cash back by charging to the card and also get rebates or discounts

Best card ever! I have been using their Citibank Credit Cards since 8 years ago. They are probably the pioneers of cashback cards in Singapore essentially changing from their Dividend card to Cashback card. I would like to point out that with this card you can get cash back by charging to the card and also get rebates or discounts for Lazada purchases and Petrol station top up too.

The card charges me interest every month despite me ensuring to pay up the full figure

This card has not been pleasant for me, as a matter of fact I am having regrets about it. The card charges me interest every month despite me ensuring to pay up the full figure. I am left to assume that maybe these monthly interest were incurred due to lead-time of requesting them to rectify the previous error. Whatever the reasons may be, I just know that I am not happy with this card presently.

Very bad customer service is making it difficult for me to continue holding this card

Even as all forms of customer service is done online one would expect that they would make the online customer service seamless however bad customer service is making it difficult for me to commute when problems arises. I even went further to send emails through my account asking them to return my call back, but received none till date save for tons of calls from their marketing department promoting their loans and other services

I have to say this is not a good system and there are better cashback cards out there

In respect to the cashback, I was informed that we need to accumulate 50 points before we can redeem it out. This prompted me to be using the card very frequent, but still the percentage of cashback was so low that I only succeeded in reaching 30 points. I have to say this is not a good system and there are better cashback cards out there.

Recommending Forums

Can I make a dispute over a transaction if I am not satisfied with the quality of the product/service provided by the merchant?

Citi Cash Back Visa Card

Related Forums

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

What is Singapore's main landline provider?

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

WHat is the cheapest unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

I'm looking for an unlimited mobile data plan that is cheap and reliable. I already have one which offers me Unlimited data and unlimited call and SMS but I'm currently on a budget and I don;t really call or send SMS so I'm looking for a low priced but reliable unlimited mobile data plan with adequate speed.

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

Related Reviews

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Poor and upleasant hotline

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.

HSBC Revolution Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card

Poor Customer Service

I am quite very disappointed with this card as I have never received the vouchers for all the points I have accumulated so far. I have on several occasions made complaints via the phone and even in person, but all to no avail. I would not recommend this card to anyone for this reason, i have to say unfortunately.

Citi Rewards Card / Citibank Singapore

Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend

OCBC Voyage Card is perfect for well-off consumers with a shifting travel schedule, who want to earn high miles locally and overseas. Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend, which aligns with similar cards. Consumers are most likely to benefit from OCBC voyage card if they spend most of their budget locally, with at least 25% of local spend on dining.

OCBC VOYAGE Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation