Forum
Last updated: 

What do I stand to gain from participating in the HSBC's Mileage Programme of the HSBC Premier MasterCard Credit Card?

I am one that is all about great deals and benefits and the same applies to the HSBC Premier MasterCard Credit Card, what do I stand to gain from participating in the HSBC's Mileage Programme?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Participation in the Mileage Programme actually enables you to earn miles and fly around the world for less. You can now redeem air miles at 25,000 Rewards points per block of 10,000 miles. HSBC's Mileage Programme includes Asia Miles, Asia's leading travel reward programme, and KrisFlyer, the frequent flyer programme of the Singapore Airlines Group, the world's most awarded airline. Furthermore, when you sign up for a one-time enrolment in HSBC's Mileage Programme, you start converting your Rewards Points into KrisFlyer miles or Asia Miles. An annual programme fee of S$40 (subject to GST) applies. Alternatively, you can redeem 9,000 Rewards points for the Mileage Programme fee waiver. Please note that you are required to be a member of at least one of the participating airlines' frequent flyer / travel reward programmes prior to enrolling in HSBC's Mileage Programme.

2019.08.01 5:30

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

The application process for this card was not stressful as is the case with other cards.

With this card the outstanding highlight will probably be that you can earn one Rewards point for every S$1 charged to your card. In addition, you can also enjoy the exclusive privilege to redeem more rewards with fewer points on selected rewards items. Plus the application process for this card was not stressful as is the case with other cards.

Convenient and fuss-free payment with your contactless-enabled HSBC Premier MasterCard credit card

The HSBC Premier MasterCard offers a quick, convenient and fuss-free payment with your contactless-enabled HSBC Premier MasterCard credit card. You can with this feature simply tap and go in front of a secured reader at participating merchants to make payments but be aware that this is subject to applicable limits on the contactless payment amount.

Beat the hustle and bustle of daily commute by simply tap and go on buses and trains

If you ever are tired of worrying about your fare card balance at the gantries just like I used to do then this card is for you too. You can now beat the hustle and bustle of daily commute as you can now tap and go on buses and trains. This without a doubt makes your daily commute smoother and helps to ease and take away those worries behind.

Your card details are never shared with any merchant or saved on your device

With the Apple Pay feature of the HSBC Premier MasterCard making payments in stores, in apps and on the web with your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad and Mac is now very easy with just a touch on it, secure and private as well. A unique transaction code is used for each purchase so your card details are never shared with any merchant or saved on your device

Recommending Forums

What Credit Card is recommended for one looking for the best deals with air miles?

HSBC Premier MasterCard

Related Forums

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

What are the different types of stock?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

Is it true that foreigners would be subjected to aggregate loan caps?

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

Related Reviews

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

Looking to maximize on the number of priority pass visits and other privileges

If you are like me an HSBC Premier client and also a frequent traveller that can maximize the number of priority pass visits, limo and meet-and-assist services as well as your supplementary cardholders too, then this is the card for you. The reduced general mile earn rate is worth the trade-off for the unlimited priority pass memberships, as well as the high number of limo and meet-and-assist services that you can use.

HSBC VISA Infinite Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Close to 6.5% rebates on dining

I have held this card for quite a long time and one thing I like about the card is the fact that it is used for CapitaLand malls and they are almost everywhere. So I enjoy dining taking advantage of the 10x rewards merchants to accumulate the points faster. Imagine getting close to 6.5% rebates on dining. Not to forget their sign up bonus of $60 rebates in vouchers when you spend $1,500. That's a 4% rebate excluding the points you will earn which will convert into vouchers too.

American Express CapitaCard / American Express International

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear

I would recommend the card for use by people who frequently purchase clothing and electronics and also in particular from known on online merchants like AliExpress, Amazon, Lazada, Shopee and Taobao.You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear, clothes, bags and shoes, department stores, electronics and gadgets; which cover almost all retails. Also the OCBC Reward is a $10 rebate for 3600 points which I think is fare.

OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend

OCBC Voyage Card is perfect for well-off consumers with a shifting travel schedule, who want to earn high miles locally and overseas. Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend, which aligns with similar cards. Consumers are most likely to benefit from OCBC voyage card if they spend most of their budget locally, with at least 25% of local spend on dining.

OCBC VOYAGE Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation