Forum
Last updated: 

Would it be possible for one to make claims on complimentary travel inconvenience, travel accident benefits and My VoyageGuard Travel InsuranceSM at the same time?

Who can confirm to me if it is possible for me to claim all of my complimentary travel inconvenience, travel accident benefits and also My VoyageGuard Travel InsuranceSM at the same time using my American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Actually it is possible for you to lodge a claim against both the complimentary travel inconvenience, travel accident benefits and from My VoyageGuard Travel InsuranceSM but all subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of each product. For claims that are payable on reimbursement basis, the insurer will only reimburse what the insured had incurred and paid. On the other hand for all other types of claims, these will be reviewed and settled in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Policy. As regards to claiming complimentary travel inconvenience and travel accident benefits with your card, If your American Express Credit Card is used to pay for the travel cost for the originating and return journey and you purchase essential items on your American Express Credit Card due to a minimum 6 hour baggage delay, you may claim reimbursement for the essential items purchased, up to S$200 per person, subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of the product. With the My VoyageGuard Travel InsuranceSM, If you purchase a My VoyageGuard Travel InsuranceSM Policy, you can additionally claim a lump sum benefit of S$200 for every 6 hours of delay subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of the product. Please note that in the event you are claiming under both complimentary travel inconvenience and travel accident benefits and My VoyageGuard Travel InsuranceSM, you will need to submit two separate claim forms.

2019.08.01 5:36

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Great customer service officers

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International

Great bonus miles and an impeccable customer service

I've have never really had a smooth and hassle-free experience with other banks as with this bank they are super respectful and care to answers your questions patiently and in the process I expedited my card approval immediately. Although the annual fee is $335 which is quite pricey, they make up for it with the bonus miles and the impeccable customer service and free hotel and lounge stay, I must say this is an amazing card and worth the purchase.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International

They have the best customer service attendants who ensure a short waiting time

Frankly, I tend to use the AMEX card whenever I find it possible because they have the best customer service attendants who ensure a short waiting time, conversing with a happy voice and solve problem fast, their app has a lot of great offers specific to each AMEX card, while there are only a few cards that offer rewards for Grab Top Up, this card is one of them. Finally, with this card you can earn miles for insurance, charity and utility bill payment which most cards exclude.

A good thing with this AMEX card is that they have been waiving my annual fees

The good thing with this AMEX card is that they have been waiving my annual fees and that’s why I still have the card as I have had this card for quite some time now. They have awesome customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you. Follow ups are prompt as well with direct credit of miles into your Krisflyer account, no minimum spends and a good sign up promo.

There’s no annual fee waiver and the annual fee of $337 is rather on the high side

While everything may sound well and good with this card until you put into consideration the fact that there’s no annual fee waiver and the annual fee of $337 is really rather on the high side than that of competition credit cards. But to make up for it, the Amex KrisFlyer Ascend gets you one night’s stay at a Hilton property in Asia Pacific each year

Recommending Forums

What are the rewards for referring a friend to the Amex Singapore Airlines Krisflyer Ascend Credit Card?

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card

What are the security and insurance benefits that the American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card guarantees?

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card

Related Forums

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

What are Stocks?

What is Singapore's main landline provider?

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

What are investments in Singapore that would provide guaranteed principal and returns?

Is it true that foreigners would be subjected to aggregate loan caps?

Related Reviews

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Emergency legal and medical assistance

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

Poor and upleasant hotline

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.

HSBC Revolution Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire

First of all, unlike other loyalty programmes, the American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire. Furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can stand to accumulate, you just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it, pretty much the skies can be your limit as you can use the points the way you want from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card.

American Express Personal Card / American Express International

You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear

I would recommend the card for use by people who frequently purchase clothing and electronics and also in particular from known on online merchants like AliExpress, Amazon, Lazada, Shopee and Taobao.You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear, clothes, bags and shoes, department stores, electronics and gadgets; which cover almost all retails. Also the OCBC Reward is a $10 rebate for 3600 points which I think is fare.

OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation