Forum
Last updated: 

Wha are the ways to reduce my expenses without compromising on my lifestyle?

I've been thinking about trying to save money. I want to save more than i am saving now s that I would have emergency funds for myself and my family if we need it. I am used to my current lifestyle which is why it is hard for me to save more than I am saving now. Is there a way to save more without compromising on my current lifestyle?

Search other products or providers:

User comments

• user image

No Name

There are a few tips on how you can save money without compromising your lifestyle. If you own a car keep your tires inflated as underinflated tires can cause drag to your car. Unplug unused electrical appliances to save a lot of money. Avoid buying expensive clothes, instead, buy cheap clothe that looks expensive. If you are a reader, save the trees and turn to ebooks instead. They are much cheaper and environmental friendly.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Savings

Does my money also liquidate along with the bank?

Savings

What should I do? Someone hacked my bank account through my phone

Savings

How to save money for a new laptop or any expensive gadgets?

Savings

The atm is not functioning well

Savings

If I was to file for bankruptcy would that mean for my bank account that is currently linked to all my billing accounts?

Savings

May I lend my money from savings in the bank through online transaction?

Related Reviews

Savings

Insurance policy covers outdoor activities and even extreme sports.

I don’t usually make reviews or comments about products but one simple thing that impressed me about the Amex Express VoyageGuard was that there was absolutely nothing at all in the Amex travel insurance policy wording to exclude outdoor activities or even extreme sports. That is very unlike other competitors we exclude such, I commend this card for being adventurous.

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Superior Plans / American Express International

Savings

A golf advantage cover that provides coverage for damaged or lost golf equipment in your checked luggage

Unfortunately, Allianz has pretty strict restrictions when it comes to sports coverage as you won't be covered for sailing, hunting, playing polo, mountaineering, skiing, rock climbing, parachuting or hang gliding. You do however, have a golf advantage cover that provides coverage for damaged or lost golf equipment that is in your checked luggage. Allianz has an efficient online claim portal allows customers to submit and file their claims online easily and if you have problems uploading your claim you can call or email them for assistance. If you are claiming for medical or dental expenses, you will still have to send original copies of your supporting documents and an acknowledgement email to the address in the table below.

Allianz Travel Protect Single Trip Gold Plan - Standard Chartered / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Savings

Claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while overseas

In case you were not aware, most travel insurers do not cover claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while you are overseas, but thankfully Tiq Travel Insurance does so you can go right ahead and opt for one of their Pre-Ex plans to adequately cover yourself on your travels.Some common examples of pre-existing medical conditions are Diabetes, Stroke, Asthma, Cancer and Epilepsy

Tiq Travel Insurance / Etiqa Insurance

Savings

Greater protection against baggage, rip delays and baggage loss

Within Asia, HL Assurance is the cheapest of the three plans for 1-week trips, but falls behind the other two for 2-week trips. HL Assurance's Enhanced Plan, like the Basic Plan, places more emphasis on travel inconvenience, with more coverage in this area than FWD and Etiqa. Comparatively speaking, FWD and Etiqa both provide more coverage for medical expenses, trip cancellation and personal accident/death. So if you want greater protection against disruptions like baggage and trip delays and baggage loss, HL Assurance's Enhanced Plan is a better choice.

HLAssurance Annual Unlimited / HL Assurance

Savings

The level of support and clarity MSIG provides is very reassuring and thoughtful

If you pause to consider its cheapest Standard plan, MSIG travel insurance is actually very affordable after the generous promotional discounts. The level of support and clarity MSIG provides is also reassuring and very thoughtful while there terms & conditions are clearly stated on the site and not hidden away in some remote PDF, and the claims process appears to be pleasant. However, the only cons is that MSIG has made the Standard plan very limited in comparison to the Elite and Premier Plans. Once you compare their coverage, you will definitely feel tempted to upgrade.

MSIG TravelEasy Standard / MSIG Insurance Singapore

Savings

I cancelled my airline tickets and submitted my claim online

When I bought airline tickets much farther out in advance than I would normally do, I bought travel insurance via Allianz and also added the "required to work" rider for it just in case. I am so happy I did as due to some changes in my department I was not able to go on vacation as previously planned. I cancelled my airline tickets and submitted my claim online, including printouts showing I cancelled the tickets, along with an email from my supervisor indicating I was required to work.

Allianz Single Trip Travel Insurance / Allianz Global Assistance Singapore