Wha are the ways to reduce my expenses without compromising on my lifestyle?

I've been thinking about trying to save money. I want to save more than i am saving now s that I would have emergency funds for myself and my family if we need it. I am used to my current lifestyle which is why it is hard for me to save more than I am saving now. Is there a way to save more without compromising on my current lifestyle?

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

There are a few tips on how you can save money without compromising your lifestyle. If you own a car keep your tires inflated as underinflated tires can cause drag to your car. Unplug unused electrical appliances to save a lot of money. Avoid buying expensive clothes, instead, buy cheap clothe that looks expensive. If you are a reader, save the trees and turn to ebooks instead. They are much cheaper and environmental friendly.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can I sue someone who is sabotaging my life?

If I was to file for bankruptcy would that mean for my bank account that is currently linked to all my billing accounts?

Can I use a debit card to book bus?

My ATM card isn't working. So in this case, what should I do?

Buying a second hand item with damage

What account is perfect for saving children fees aside from my regular savings account?

Related Reviews

I appreciate them for adding the new category for pet boarding

Tokio Marine TM Xplora Premier / Tokio Marine Insurance Singapore

Their coverage for overseas medical expenses, personal accident, travel delay and baggage delay are now slightly above average, which is awesome. Furthermore, as a pet owner I greatly appreciate them adding in the new category for pet boarding. In general, the Tokio Marine’s coverage is really quite comprehensive and they even cover most tourist adventure sports done at a leisure level. This includes bungee jumping and skydiving, which some other insurers don’t cover.

Personal accident cover starts 3 hours before departure with a high medical coverage of up to S$600,000

HSBC SmartTraveller (Essential Plan) / HSBC Bank Singapore

This card allows you to pays up to $S20,000 under Trip Curtailment even if you have to remain overseas for medical treatment and pays up to S$12,000 for the unrecoverable deposits under Trip Cancellation. Your Personal Accident cover starts 3 hours before departure with a high medical coverage of up to S$600,000 for medical and accidental dental treatment whilst overseas with an automatic extension of policy for up to 30 days if you are hospitalized or placed under compulsory quarantine while overseas upon the written advice of a Doctor. You receive up to S$10,000 for lost personal effects and reimbursement to replace the essential items and an automatic extension of policy for up to 72 hours if you are unable to complete your trip as planned due to Public Transport delays that are not your fault

Overseas study insurance has never been easier with the ability to buy online and receive your e-policy instantly

MSIG Global Study / MSIG Insurance Singapore

Getting overseas study insurance has never been easier with the ability to buy online and receive your e-policy instantly. The MSIG Global Study emergency hotline ensures that there is always someone to connect you to medical care and evacuation, no matter which time zone you are in. So therefore you save time by submitting your overseas study insurance claim online and they will keep the process as simple as possible to bring your claim to a fair settlement.

Generally FWD offers decent coverage for a safe travel destination

FWD Travel Insurance Premium / FWD Singapore

I must say that the FWD Travel Insurance Premium is very easy to apply and also avails competitive rates as well. Generally FWD offers decent coverage for a safe travel destination however if you’re going somewhere with a higher risk involved like a ski trip for instance, you might want to consider specialized plans. But generally, the application process and ease of getting a quote upfront is great with competitive prices too.

Sompo’s plan dont cover trip delays and cancellation

SOMPO TravelJoy Deluxe / Sompo Insurance Singapore

For folks with pre-existing medical conditions like asthma or heart conditions, they can consider Sompo’s Travel Joy Deluxe plans. Sompo’s plan only covers medical evacuation however and not trip delays and cancellation as well.However, Sompo offers unlimited evacuation should make up for it. If your condition is life-threatening, unlimited evacuation is more important than being covered for a wide variety of incidents.

No esponse to email claims and poor customer care service

HLAssurance Single Trip / HL Assurance

Don’t bother to buy insurance from them no matter how cheap they offer it as they do not response to email claims and when one calls them for an update, one is told that it takes two months to REVIEW a claim. Well in my case one month had passed and they wrote back to me asking to prove that I travel outbound and other documents. Now my question is why they did not asked for such documents within a week of my claim submission? Please avoid this company!

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.