Forum
Last updated: 

Wha are the ways to reduce my expenses without compromising on my lifestyle?

I've been thinking about trying to save money. I want to save more than i am saving now s that I would have emergency funds for myself and my family if we need it. I am used to my current lifestyle which is why it is hard for me to save more than I am saving now. Is there a way to save more without compromising on my current lifestyle?

User comments

• user image

No Name

There are a few tips on how you can save money without compromising your lifestyle. If you own a car keep your tires inflated as underinflated tires can cause drag to your car. Unplug unused electrical appliances to save a lot of money. Avoid buying expensive clothes, instead, buy cheap clothe that looks expensive. If you are a reader, save the trees and turn to ebooks instead. They are much cheaper and environmental friendly.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Who can recommend the ideal joint account suitable for couples?

What account is perfect for saving children fees aside from my regular savings account?

How can saving a few dollars a day make you a millionaire?

What should I do? Someone hacked my bank account through my phone

How to save money for a new laptop or any expensive gadgets?

Can somebody tell me which is better for me, a savings account or a current account?

Related Reviews

Compensates an insured person aged 70 years old with up to $1,500,000 for medical expenses made overseas

ERGO TravelProtect Deluxe provides cover for leisure and other sports activities like hiking, skydiving, scuba diving and hot air balloon ride. ERGO compensates an insured person aged 70 years old and below with up to $1,500,000 for medical expenses made overseas and a maximum of up to $200,000 repayments for insured person aged 70 years old and below with a $50,000 total daily hospital allowance.

ERGO TravelProtect Deluxe / ERGO Insurance

I appreciate them for adding the new category for pet boarding

Their coverage for overseas medical expenses, personal accident, travel delay and baggage delay are now slightly above average, which is awesome. Furthermore, as a pet owner I greatly appreciate them adding in the new category for pet boarding. In general, the Tokio Marine’s coverage is really quite comprehensive and they even cover most tourist adventure sports done at a leisure level. This includes bungee jumping and skydiving, which some other insurers don’t cover.

Tokio Marine TM Xplora Premier / Tokio Marine Insurance Singapore

Pay extra to add on coverage for winter sports and extreme water sports

This cards basic policy covers mainstream stuff like scuba diving and hiking, even as there are quite a lot of exceptions like mountain biking, surfing and flying fox in the package. Irrespective, you can pay extra to add on coverage for winter sports like skiing, snowboarding, sleigh rides or for extreme water sports. Extreme latter sports covers the likes of surfing, jet skiing, sailing, kayaking as well as diving as deep as 40m.

AVIVA Travel Prestige / Aviva

Coverage for adventurous activities like bungee jumping, skydiving etc

You are covered for adventurous activities like bungee jumping, skydiving, paragliding, hot air ballooning, jet skiing, white water rafting, diving and general snow sports like skiing and snowboarding. There is also decent golf coverage for equipment, unused green fees, and hole-in-one (that should please all the golf lovers). However, you will only get the adventure cover and golf cover for Elite and Premier plans (too bad golf lovers).

MSIG TravelEasy Standard Pre-Ex / MSIG Insurance Singapore

Enjoy insurance cover for children provided for free in case the whole family is travelling together

ERGO travel insurance plans secure and beautiful moments during your trip. Now aside from the benefits included in your policy, insured individuals can also enjoy insurance cover for children provided for free in case the whole family is travelling together, free emergency repatriation to country of residence when insured person selects a minimum of four risks to be covered in the policy and can enjoy helicopter or airplane use in case of emergencies.

ERGO TravelProtect Essential / ERGO Insurance

Sompo’s plan dont cover trip delays and cancellation

For folks with pre-existing medical conditions like asthma or heart conditions, they can consider Sompo’s Travel Joy Deluxe plans. Sompo’s plan only covers medical evacuation however and not trip delays and cancellation as well.However, Sompo offers unlimited evacuation should make up for it. If your condition is life-threatening, unlimited evacuation is more important than being covered for a wide variety of incidents.

SOMPO TravelJoy Deluxe / Sompo Insurance Singapore