Wha are the ways to reduce my expenses without compromising on my lifestyle?

I've been thinking about trying to save money. I want to save more than i am saving now s that I would have emergency funds for myself and my family if we need it. I am used to my current lifestyle which is why it is hard for me to save more than I am saving now. Is there a way to save more without compromising on my current lifestyle?

Search other products or providers:

• user image

No Name

There are a few tips on how you can save money without compromising your lifestyle. If you own a car keep your tires inflated as underinflated tires can cause drag to your car. Unplug unused electrical appliances to save a lot of money. Avoid buying expensive clothes, instead, buy cheap clothe that looks expensive. If you are a reader, save the trees and turn to ebooks instead. They are much cheaper and environmental friendly.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What is the best bank that will give a big interest to my savings?

Can I use my savings for my maintenance medicine?

May I lend my money from savings in the bank through online transaction?

What account is perfect for saving children fees aside from my regular savings account?

Who can recommend the ideal joint account suitable for couples?

How to save money for a new laptop or any expensive gadgets?

Related Reviews

You can get evacuated home for free thanks to the unlimited coverage for medical evacuations

SOMPO TravelJoy Vital / Sompo Insurance Singapore

This card is a very comprehensive travel insurance plan for travel to Japan. However even when you are not travelling to Japan, Sompo has come up with a pretty good solution for those with pre-existing medical conditions, as the Sompo Travel Joy Deluxe plan is worth considering, even if you’re not travelling to Japan. Should anything happen, you can get evacuated home for free thanks to the unlimited coverage for medical evacuations. Sompo loses out however when it comes to coverage of outdoor activities.

On-line cliams process was very easy and fast

Etiqu ePROTECT travel Basic Plan / Etiqa Insurance

I made a claim for flight delay and the on-line process was very easy and fast. The claim was actually approved within a day and the claimed amount credited into my e-wallet the following day.Your credit in the e-wallet is best cashed out using Paynow as it is very simple and convenient.

AIG seems to concentrate all their resources on the upper tier plans

Travel Guard Direct Basic / AIG Asia Pacific Insurance

In all honesty, the AIG Travel Guard plans offer really poor value on their Basic plan, and only step up on the Standard plan. So if you’re looking for a cheap and good deal, you can skip AIG completely. The basic plan may be cheap but it is most definitely not good. The only reason you might want to get the low- to middle-tier AIG travel insurance is if you booked your trip via a travel agency and they have some kind of exclusive discount that’ll put it back in the competition.That said, the upper-tier travel insurance plans have surprisingly good coverage, so if you want to buy from AIG, go big or go home. AIG seems to concentrate all their resources on the upper tier plans. Plus, in terms of turnaround time, AIG is not bad – they’re willing to commit to a 10 working day turnaround time from claim to settlement. They’re not the only ones who do this, but it’s better than nothing.

Personal accident cover starts 3 hours before departure with a high medical coverage of up to S$600,000

HSBC SmartTraveller (Essential Plan) / HSBC Bank Singapore

This card allows you to pays up to $S20,000 under Trip Curtailment even if you have to remain overseas for medical treatment and pays up to S$12,000 for the unrecoverable deposits under Trip Cancellation. Your Personal Accident cover starts 3 hours before departure with a high medical coverage of up to S$600,000 for medical and accidental dental treatment whilst overseas with an automatic extension of policy for up to 30 days if you are hospitalized or placed under compulsory quarantine while overseas upon the written advice of a Doctor. You receive up to S$10,000 for lost personal effects and reimbursement to replace the essential items and an automatic extension of policy for up to 72 hours if you are unable to complete your trip as planned due to Public Transport delays that are not your fault

Just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia,and $44 for a week's cover in Europe and US.

SOMPO TravelJoy Elite / Sompo Insurance Singapore

Even as SOMPO is not cheap generally, they still try to remain competitive promotions like the generous 40% off, which makes the basic Sompo Travel Joy Vital plans affordable with just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia, and about $44 for a week in Europe and US. However, even with 40% off, be prepared to pay a premium for their GO Japan! Plan. It’ll still set you back close to $53 for a week’s coverage.

If you plan to buy travel insurance with Citibank, be prepared to pay a premium

Citi Travel Insurance / Citibank Singapore

With Citibank, you have a choice between complimentary travel insurance with a Citi PremierMiles, Citibank Cash Back or Citibank Rewards Card or paying for a premium insurer. If you take a closer look at the coverage limits on the complimentary insurance plans, you’ll realise that the limits fall way short of industry standards for paid travel insurance. Which essentially means that you take it up on your own risk. If you plan to buy travel insurance with Citibank, you’ll have to pay a premium however as it is expensive and the coverage doesn’t quite fit what you pay for but if good emergency assistance is your top priority, then you might find Citibank travel insurance worth your money.