Forum
Last updated: 

Wha are the ways to reduce my expenses without compromising on my lifestyle?

I've been thinking about trying to save money. I want to save more than i am saving now s that I would have emergency funds for myself and my family if we need it. I am used to my current lifestyle which is why it is hard for me to save more than I am saving now. Is there a way to save more without compromising on my current lifestyle?

User comments

• user image

No Name

There are a few tips on how you can save money without compromising your lifestyle. If you own a car keep your tires inflated as underinflated tires can cause drag to your car. Unplug unused electrical appliances to save a lot of money. Avoid buying expensive clothes, instead, buy cheap clothe that looks expensive. If you are a reader, save the trees and turn to ebooks instead. They are much cheaper and environmental friendly.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

If I was to file for bankruptcy would that mean for my bank account that is currently linked to all my billing accounts?

How do I transfer $100,000 from Canada to Singapore?

How can a disabled person have a savings account?

My ATM card isn't working. So in this case, what should I do?

May I use the savings of my brother to pay a repossessed item?

The atm is not functioning well

Related Reviews

Generally FWD offers decent coverage for a safe travel destination

I must say that the FWD Travel Insurance Premium is very easy to apply and also avails competitive rates as well. Generally FWD offers decent coverage for a safe travel destination however if you’re going somewhere with a higher risk involved like a ski trip for instance, you might want to consider specialized plans. But generally, the application process and ease of getting a quote upfront is great with competitive prices too.

FWD Travel Insurance Premium / FWD Singapore

I appreciate them for adding the new category for pet boarding

Their coverage for overseas medical expenses, personal accident, travel delay and baggage delay are now slightly above average, which is awesome. Furthermore, as a pet owner I greatly appreciate them adding in the new category for pet boarding. In general, the Tokio Marine’s coverage is really quite comprehensive and they even cover most tourist adventure sports done at a leisure level. This includes bungee jumping and skydiving, which some other insurers don’t cover.

Tokio Marine TM Xplora Premier / Tokio Marine Insurance Singapore

Claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while overseas

In case you were not aware, most travel insurers do not cover claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while you are overseas, but thankfully Tiq Travel Insurance does so you can go right ahead and opt for one of their Pre-Ex plans to adequately cover yourself on your travels.Some common examples of pre-existing medical conditions are Diabetes, Stroke, Asthma, Cancer and Epilepsy

Tiq Travel Insurance / Etiqa Insurance

Get $300 limit on delays, $300 for missed connections and another $500 for diversions

The FWD policy wording doesn’t mention any sporting exclusions, with the exception of competitive sports and hiking/trekking above 3,000m. Considering that most outdoor activities are covered, their lowest tier plan (Premium) is very good value for money. For the basic plan, FWD Premium has quite a high trip cancellation claim limit of $7,500 which applies for haze-related cancellation or infectious diseases like Zika and dengue too. Where FWD loses out is in the below-average travel inconvenience benefits. For example, for travel delays, you get $300 limit on delays, another $300 for missed connections and another $500 for “diversions”. It is very hard to claim the full benefit.

FWD Travel Insurance First / FWD Singapore

A very good international reputation for its emergency assistance

Even though you may purchase this travel insurance from American Express channels, every aspect of the after-sales support is taken care of by Chubb Insurance. Chubb has a very good international reputation for its emergency assistance, which is reassuring if you ever worry about such unforeseen circumstances and events occurring. They have an efficient emergency hotline assistance service, while claims can be submitted online with supporting documents through Chubb’s online portal.

American Express VoyageGuard Travel Insurance Standard Plans / American Express International

If you plan to buy travel insurance with Citibank, be prepared to pay a premium

With Citibank, you have a choice between complimentary travel insurance with a Citi PremierMiles, Citibank Cash Back or Citibank Rewards Card or paying for a premium insurer. If you take a closer look at the coverage limits on the complimentary insurance plans, you’ll realise that the limits fall way short of industry standards for paid travel insurance. Which essentially means that you take it up on your own risk. If you plan to buy travel insurance with Citibank, you’ll have to pay a premium however as it is expensive and the coverage doesn’t quite fit what you pay for but if good emergency assistance is your top priority, then you might find Citibank travel insurance worth your money.

Citi Travel Insurance / Citibank Singapore