Forum
Last updated: 

How can I get advantage of my competitors.

My business has been established for almost 5 years from today. The money that I invest with, have not grown that much due to the competitors that I encounter. I do not know if the problem is me, the owner; the location of the shop; or the product that I am selling. What should I do to make business shoot up?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Having a business is a high risk gamble. It is either you go broke, or succeed. There are times that you succeed but it generates money gradually. If you are at the situation that nothing much happens. Try to change your strategy of sales. Give surveys to the customers to get their feedbacks. Compare yourself to your competitors to see the differences.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

Related Reviews

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore