Forum
Last updated: 

Who has knowledge about the HSBC Advance Credit Card balance transfer and the HSBC spend instalment?

I would like to understand the benefits exclusive to the HSBC Advance Credit Cardholders and in particular the Card balance transfer and HSBC spend instalment. Can someone be kind enough to provide me with these information’s? Thanks in advance!

User comments

• user image

No Name

Primarily, HSBC Advance provides digital banking solutions, financial advice and support from expert Advance Managers, preferential rewards, and expatriate banking services that can help you stay in control of your finances and achieve your future goals. With the card balance transfer, they offer a one-time promotional rate of 1.68% p.a. for 6 months which should enable you to be able to enjoy greater financial freedom. Please note that as this is an exclusive one-time promotion for new HSBC Advance credit cardholders only, all balance transfer applications under this promotion must be received by HSBC within 3 months from the card account opening date. On the other hand, the HSBC Spend Instalment helps you manage your finances by dividing your purchases into smaller instalments of 3, 6 or 12 months at a processing fee of up to 5%.

2019.08.01 5:27

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

I don't like their internet banking layout and i find it doesn't seem very friendly to me

I pretty much use this card only when I know that I will spend more than $2000 in a given month and these transaction does not earn more than 2.5% cash back in other card categories. I don't really fancy their internet banking layout as it doesn't seems very friendly to me. Therefore I always rely on the paper statement to make payment.

It’s my card of choice especially with the 1.5% cashback across all categories

My experience with their customer service is not clement furthermore not getting back to me on the queries I had highlighted but overall, it’s my card of choice especially with the 1.5% cashback across all categories, which allows me to buy discounted Golden Village Tickets and have access to HSBC 1 to 1 Dining deals. Until another credit card offers a greater than 1.5% cashback across all categories without a time frame, this is the card I am sticking to now.

This is a good cashback credit card for those who have high spending amount every month

I am a low spender hence it may not be easy for me to clock $500 monthly expenditure on credit cards but this is actually a good cashback card at 2.5%, especially where you spend above $2,000. Otherwise, other cards will be a better alternative to this for smaller purchases. This is a good cashback credit card for those who have high spending amount every month. My father uses it to pay for insurance premium as it gives cashback for insurance premium too.

When I signed up for this card I got $100 vouchers for it

I only just recently purchased this card. There are a lot of rebates features that come with the card, some I am still getting familiar with which I can use to offset my next purchases. When I signed up for this card I got $100 vouchers for it. However there are yet still a lot of promotions going on for this card.

Recommending Forums

If I pay my school fees through HSBC Advance credit card, do I earn cashback? if I charge my University fees (SIM) to it?

HSBC Advance Credit Card

Would I earn a cashback on my HSBC Advance credit card if I charge my University fees to it?

HSBC Advance Credit Card

Related Forums

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

What are Stocks?

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

Related Reviews

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Emergency legal and medical assistance

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card