Forum
Last updated: 

What the wise thing for a couple do with their savings & investments?

Very interested to get insights and suggestions on what a couple should do with their savings & investments in order to save up for their family and retirement?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Very important as a starter, ensure to have sufficient death coverage to take care of liabilities and critical illness coverage to ensure that funds are available to ensure your income stream doesn't stop due to illnesses. Have a hospitalization plan to take care of hospital bills and ensure that your long term care coverage are upgraded to improve the pay-out and its duration. Have an emergency fund of at least a year of expenses for unexpected events. For your kids endeavour seek guaranteed endowments to grow funds and prepare for tuition bills. Some parents get a Life critical illness plan for their kids as a gift, as premiums are drastically lower when they are younger. This shouldn't be at the expense of their education or your own retirement however. I hope this little helps?

2019.08.01 18:0

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

WHat is the cheapest unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

I'm looking for an unlimited mobile data plan that is cheap and reliable. I already have one which offers me Unlimited data and unlimited call and SMS but I'm currently on a budget and I don;t really call or send SMS so I'm looking for a low priced but reliable unlimited mobile data plan with adequate speed.

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

Related Reviews

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

Poor Customer Service

I am quite very disappointed with this card as I have never received the vouchers for all the points I have accumulated so far. I have on several occasions made complaints via the phone and even in person, but all to no avail. I would not recommend this card to anyone for this reason, i have to say unfortunately.

Citi Rewards Card / Citibank Singapore

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

Customer care service at top notch

This is my first credit card and I was pleased with the process as the application was absolutely stress free and smooth with customer care service at top notch. I actually felt taken care of and it appeared I could rely on customer care service for virtually any issue. Plus they have a simple tracking system of cashback rewards, with a good App and web UI/UX.

American Express True Cashback Card / American Express International

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore