What account is perfect for saving children fees aside from my regular savings account?

I usually put aside an amount of money each month to pay my kids school fees twice a year. Is there a recommended account that is preferred for this type of arrangement aside from using my regular savings account especially as my other intention is to get some kind of interest?

Search other products or providers:

• user image

No Name

Try high interest savings account like DBS multiplier, UOB One etc. as the fit what you seek and are good. If you already maxed out those type of account already, you can also try CIMB Fast saver who just recently increased interest rates to 1.5% for above $50k.

2019.08.01 18:0

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Do you recommend OCBC or UOB for corporate bank accounts?

I established a company in Singapore this April. I'm going to open a corporate bank account right away. For the time being, we mainly pay salaries to employees and receive money from clients. My friend recommended OCBC or UOB bank, but I'm not sure which bank to choose. Which bank do you recommend?

The atm is not functioning well

Who can recommend the ideal joint account suitable for couples?

What is the best bank that will give a big interest to my savings?

I need to maintain my medicines.

Can I save a lot of money?

Related Reviews

Just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia,and $44 for a week's cover in Europe and US.

SOMPO TravelJoy Elite / Sompo Insurance Singapore

Even as SOMPO is not cheap generally, they still try to remain competitive promotions like the generous 40% off, which makes the basic Sompo Travel Joy Vital plans affordable with just $30 for a week’s cover in Asia, and about $44 for a week in Europe and US. However, even with 40% off, be prepared to pay a premium for their GO Japan! Plan. It’ll still set you back close to $53 for a week’s coverage.

Greater protection against baggage, rip delays and baggage loss

HLAssurance Annual Unlimited / HL Assurance

Within Asia, HL Assurance is the cheapest of the three plans for 1-week trips, but falls behind the other two for 2-week trips. HL Assurance's Enhanced Plan, like the Basic Plan, places more emphasis on travel inconvenience, with more coverage in this area than FWD and Etiqa. Comparatively speaking, FWD and Etiqa both provide more coverage for medical expenses, trip cancellation and personal accident/death. So if you want greater protection against disruptions like baggage and trip delays and baggage loss, HL Assurance's Enhanced Plan is a better choice.

Covers pregnancy-related medical situations

AVIVA Travel Plus / Aviva

This Aviva travel insurance also covers pregnancy-related medical situations as long as the delivery date is at least 12 weeks away from your return to Singapore. Most other insurance companies are extremely reluctant to bear that risk but I should mention that if you’re planning to get married or engage in some pre-wedding photoshoot overseas, then take advantage of the nicely packaged add-on for comprehensive wedding coverage to help minimise the amount of freaking out over your special day.

Sompo’s plan dont cover trip delays and cancellation

SOMPO TravelJoy Deluxe / Sompo Insurance Singapore

For folks with pre-existing medical conditions like asthma or heart conditions, they can consider Sompo’s Travel Joy Deluxe plans. Sompo’s plan only covers medical evacuation however and not trip delays and cancellation as well.However, Sompo offers unlimited evacuation should make up for it. If your condition is life-threatening, unlimited evacuation is more important than being covered for a wide variety of incidents.

$18 for the cheapest one week coverage plan in ASEAN countries.

FWD Travel Insurance Business / FWD Singapore

This is definitely one of the affordable brands and their prices are often competitive with ongoing promos particularly if you’re travelling beyond Southeast Asia. Don’t you think that $27 for a week’s coverage in expensive countries like Australia and New Zealand is really quite a good deal? Now with such low prices you’d think they’d hold out on discounts but not at all, as they currently offer 20% off with the promo code TRAVEL20. That’s $18 for the cheapest one week coverage plan in ASEAN countries.

Pay a fixed fee for continuous travel insurance throughout the year.

Allianz Family Travel Insurance / Allianz Global Assistance Singapore

Allianz Global Assistance provides decent travel insurance options for consumers and excels in two specific types of coverage which are coverage for travellers going on longer trips and for those traveling with children. Where most companies top out around three months.That I think is an essential feature for college students studying abroad or recent grads taking extended backpacking trips. Now if you’re a frequent business traveller, Allianz also offers four different annual plans, which allow you to pay a fixed fee for continuous travel insurance throughout the year.