Forum
Last updated: 

Which among my properties would b sold to the bankrupt estate and could I use it to pay off my target contributions?

I am eligible to file for a bankruptcy and I am also thinking of filing for one but I don't know how it actually works. I want to know which of my assets would be sold to the bankruptcy estate .I also want to know if I could use my property in the bankruptcy estate to pay off my target contribution.

User comments

• user image

No Name

First, if you are declared as bankrupt then all your assets except those that are protected from bankruptcy,such as HBD flats would be sold and the proceeds would be placed in the bankruptcy estate. SecondThe property sold to the bankruptcy estate cannot be used to pay off your target contributions.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Am I eligible to file for a bankruptcy?

Can fraud be an applicable case towards me if I were to file fraud for an individual who claimed my checks?

WHat would happen if I have been declared bankrupt?

What are the ways to get our of bankruptcy?

Can the bank pay my insolvent?

What are the benefits of filing for bankrutpcy?

Related Reviews

Awesome features and top-notch security measures

I like how you can transfer your cash out and it’s liquid and at the same time you can use it for overseas payments. Love the feature of the one- time destroyable card number to protect your wallets from fraudsters. Very simple and straightforward user interface. Topping up the account was easy using credit card and there were plenty of security tools that allows you to turn on & off real time to keep your account safe. Real time viewing of exchange rate in app is definitely a function that I love so that I can do the conversion real time to know how much I will be spending in local currency.

Revolut / Revolut

Top up your Alipay account and use it both in China and Singapore

Technically, you can open an Alipay account in Singapore, but you need a Chinese mobile number and credit card in order to transfer funds to your Alipay mobile wallet. If you’re a Singaporean who lives in China, you’ll be able to top up your Alipay account and use it both in China and Singapore. The following merchants in Singapore accept payment using Alipay; ComfortDelGro, Prime Taxis, Universal Studios, Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore Zoo, Metro and Robinsons. Now you can ask your friends to transfer money via HitPay to you instead of getting them to part with physical money.

AliPay / Alipay Singapore E-Commerce

Dash all the way from Singapore to Thailand

Singtel Dash is an e-wallet, so once you download the Singtel Dash app and log in, you can top up your dash account. It also works as a virtual visa account, so the account comes with its own unique 16-digit Dash Visa virtual account number and security code. Singtel Dash is can be used in Thailand in as well as in Singapore, making it more attractive to Singaporeans who frequently travel to Thailand. The app also lets you transfer money to another account, remit money overseas and, if you have an NFC-enabled phone, tap in and out of train and bus rides.

Dash / Telecom Equipment

Enhance mobile payment capabilities

Liquid Pay is a much smaller player in the scene, but I am seeing more and more of that bright blue logo nowadays. Liquid Group is a payments technology company that works with financial institutions and telcos to enhance mobile payment capabilities. Amidst the competitive market, it seems that Liquid Pay has an uphill battle acquiring customers from other mobile wallets that boasts more integration with other uses like GrabPay and DBS PayLah. Yet, given the circumstances, Liquid Pay is surprisingly widely accepted at food and beverage outlets.

Liquid Pay / Fave Group

CardUp charges you a transaction fee for each payment made.

Every transaction you complete using CardUp will incur a 2.6% transaction fee. This can actually add up over time, especially if you’re relying heavily on CardUp. That being said, if your card offers cash rebates or frequent flyer miles, you may easily be able to offset the transaction fee. CardUp works by being a middleman in your transactions. Instead of directly transferring funds from your account to a vendor, you pay CardUp via credit card. CardUp will then transfer the funds to your designated vendor. CardUp charges you a transaction fee for each payment made.

CardUp / CardUp

A mobile app that allows you to manage your credit card account and payment services

The BOC SG eWallet is a new mobile app that allows you to manage your credit card account and payment service. You can use your BOC SG eWallet mobile app to bind/unbind your BOC Unionpay credit card for QR Code payments, QR transactions history tracking, etc.Both consumer-presented and merchant-presented QR scanning functions are available. Your transactions made via the mobile app is secured. For more details, you can click on “Security Tips

BOC SG eWallet / Bank of China