How much does it cost to file for bankruptcy?

I am in desperate need to file for a bankruptcy but I don't know if there is a fee for filing for bankruptcy and if it does have a fee I would definitly like to know how much it would cost me to file for bankruptcy. I need to know thi so that I would be able to prepare the amount before filing for bankruptcy in case I would not be able to pay for the amount immediately.

• user image

No Name

There is a fee for filing bankruptcy Any creditor or debtor who wishes to file for bankruptcy must pay a deposit of S$1,850 to the Official Assignee to administer the debtor's estate. If you hire a lawyer to help you file for bankruptcy, the lawyer will charge professional fees on top of the deposit amount.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Who would manage my bankruptcy estate and who decides my target contributions?

Would it be possible for someone else in the business owner's family to file for bankruptcy on behalf of the owner?

Can I reposses and own my wife's car?

Which among my properties would b sold to the bankrupt estate and could I use it to pay off my target contributions?

What are the restrictions of a Bankrupt?

What are the ways to get our of bankruptcy?