Forum
Last updated: 

How much does it cost to file for bankruptcy?

I am in desperate need to file for a bankruptcy but I don't know if there is a fee for filing for bankruptcy and if it does have a fee I would definitly like to know how much it would cost me to file for bankruptcy. I need to know thi so that I would be able to prepare the amount before filing for bankruptcy in case I would not be able to pay for the amount immediately.

User comments

• user image

No Name

There is a fee for filing bankruptcy Any creditor or debtor who wishes to file for bankruptcy must pay a deposit of S$1,850 to the Official Assignee to administer the debtor's estate. If you hire a lawyer to help you file for bankruptcy, the lawyer will charge professional fees on top of the deposit amount.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can the bank pay my insolvent?

What are the benefits of filing for bankrutpcy?

I cannot pay these expenses anyomore

Am i qualified to have a bank account?

WHat would happen if I have been declared bankrupt?

I just returned a huge amount of money to the bank

Related Reviews

All conversion transactions cannot be reversed.

I transferred the wrong amount of KrisFlyer miles to KrisPay and could not reverse it. As the top up process into KrisPay account is only one-way, I was told I will not be able to process any reversal. Please ensure that the KrisFlyer miles or partner reward points you wish to transfer to KrisPay are correct before proceeding to confirm the top-up. All conversion transactions cannot be reversed.

KrisPay / Singapore Airlines

Convinence using the App to search for great deals nearby

FavePay is the new kid on the block somewhat, yet they’ve been growing aggressively. Fave Pay is now available not only in Singapore but also in Johor Bahru, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Jakarta, Bali and other Malaysian and Indonesian locations.The main thing that sets FavePay apart from the rest is that they offer generous deals and cash back at many of the merchants on their list and you can even use the app to search for deals nearby. Rather than shopping and retail, Fave Pay is focused on dining and experiences, and their merchant selection reflects that

FavePay / Fave Group

Face to face verification via live video call rather than visiting a branch

I think it is more seamless if we could have a face to face verification via live video call rather than having to travel all the way since the idea is convenience anyway. The direct bank to card transfer was good but they could consider including wallet to bank as well. It would also be nice if they include multiple currencies for multiple wallets with attractive packages for Malaysia especially since other wallets/banks don’t have Malaysia. I would also fancy if they ensure that the interface updates promptly especially for remaining balance and suspended cards and include any charges upfront before users make payments

FlexM / FlexM

The range of partner merchants isn’t that extensive

If you’re a serial Grab commuter, you might already have used GrabPay.They also have a number of partner merchants who accept payment using the GrabPay app.You have to top up your GrabPay account in order to use it anyway and honestly, the range of partner merchants isn’t that great and is mostly limited to small neighbourhood businesses. If you’re serious about using an e-wallet for most of your transactions, you will definitely need to download another e-wallet app for day-to-day use.

GrabPay / Gpay Network S

I cant tell if it is the App or my phone malfunctioning

This app has been lagging badly for these past one week or thereabout. It got stuck a couple of times last week, while this week, it is just says "busy" while entering the app or after I click to transact. Not sure if it is my upgrade to Android 10 or something else. I wonder if it is my phone that is the problem

Mighty Pay / United Overseas Bank

Instant Peer to Peer Payment

Unlike other banks with limits set at $999 or thereabout, if you’re a DBS/POSB customer you can set your daily transfer limit up to S$2,000. There’s also a wallet limit, which caps the amount you can hold in your PayLah! Wallet at any one time, which is up to S$2,000 for DBS/POSB account holders, and S$999 for other users.PayLah! Is a mobile wallet, for making peer to peer payments and spending money in participating stores, restaurants and taxi. You’ll need to have an eligible smartphone and download the PayLah! app to get started

Just PayLah! / DBS Bank