Forum
Last updated: 

How much does it cost to file for bankruptcy?

I am in desperate need to file for a bankruptcy but I don't know if there is a fee for filing for bankruptcy and if it does have a fee I would definitly like to know how much it would cost me to file for bankruptcy. I need to know thi so that I would be able to prepare the amount before filing for bankruptcy in case I would not be able to pay for the amount immediately.

User comments

• user image

No Name

There is a fee for filing bankruptcy Any creditor or debtor who wishes to file for bankruptcy must pay a deposit of S$1,850 to the Official Assignee to administer the debtor's estate. If you hire a lawyer to help you file for bankruptcy, the lawyer will charge professional fees on top of the deposit amount.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Which of my assets can be part of my bankruptcy estate?

Can fraud be an applicable case towards me if I were to file fraud for an individual who claimed my checks?

What are the restrictions of a Bankrupt?

Bank account was forced to close because of a company's bankruptcy

What would happen to my assets and my debts if I pass away?

My business is going down. Now what?

Related Reviews

CardUp charges you a transaction fee for each payment made.

Every transaction you complete using CardUp will incur a 2.6% transaction fee. This can actually add up over time, especially if you’re relying heavily on CardUp. That being said, if your card offers cash rebates or frequent flyer miles, you may easily be able to offset the transaction fee. CardUp works by being a middleman in your transactions. Instead of directly transferring funds from your account to a vendor, you pay CardUp via credit card. CardUp will then transfer the funds to your designated vendor. CardUp charges you a transaction fee for each payment made.

CardUp / CardUp

Enhance mobile payment capabilities

Liquid Pay is a much smaller player in the scene, but I am seeing more and more of that bright blue logo nowadays. Liquid Group is a payments technology company that works with financial institutions and telcos to enhance mobile payment capabilities. Amidst the competitive market, it seems that Liquid Pay has an uphill battle acquiring customers from other mobile wallets that boasts more integration with other uses like GrabPay and DBS PayLah. Yet, given the circumstances, Liquid Pay is surprisingly widely accepted at food and beverage outlets.

Liquid Pay / Fave Group

Hassle free overseas usage with good rates as compared to the rest of the competitors

YouTrip is actually a god-sent card for those who are conscious of amount spent especially when travelling overseas. With predetermined exchange rate, there is no shock and surprises after a well-deserved holiday trip with all the shopping and nice food. Hassle free overseas usage with good rates as compared to the rest of the competitors. One suggestion is to avail your card into digital card wallet like apple pay or Samsung pay so that it will afford you a fully hassle free usage without the need of bringing the physical card. Use it anytime anywhere with just your phone.

YouTrip / You Technologies Group

Convinence using the App to search for great deals nearby

FavePay is the new kid on the block somewhat, yet they’ve been growing aggressively. Fave Pay is now available not only in Singapore but also in Johor Bahru, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Jakarta, Bali and other Malaysian and Indonesian locations.The main thing that sets FavePay apart from the rest is that they offer generous deals and cash back at many of the merchants on their list and you can even use the app to search for deals nearby. Rather than shopping and retail, Fave Pay is focused on dining and experiences, and their merchant selection reflects that

FavePay / Fave Group

Instant Peer to Peer Payment

Unlike other banks with limits set at $999 or thereabout, if you’re a DBS/POSB customer you can set your daily transfer limit up to S$2,000. There’s also a wallet limit, which caps the amount you can hold in your PayLah! Wallet at any one time, which is up to S$2,000 for DBS/POSB account holders, and S$999 for other users.PayLah! Is a mobile wallet, for making peer to peer payments and spending money in participating stores, restaurants and taxi. You’ll need to have an eligible smartphone and download the PayLah! app to get started

Just PayLah! / DBS Bank

Face to face verification via live video call rather than visiting a branch

I think it is more seamless if we could have a face to face verification via live video call rather than having to travel all the way since the idea is convenience anyway. The direct bank to card transfer was good but they could consider including wallet to bank as well. It would also be nice if they include multiple currencies for multiple wallets with attractive packages for Malaysia especially since other wallets/banks don’t have Malaysia. I would also fancy if they ensure that the interface updates promptly especially for remaining balance and suspended cards and include any charges upfront before users make payments

FlexM / FlexM