Forum
Last updated: 

WHat would happen if I have been declared bankrupt?

I have successfully payed for bankruptcy but now I am wondering what happens next? I have now been declared a bankrupt and I don;t know where to proceed from here nor do I knowwhat will happen to my assets and liabilities. I am also curious if there are still some documents that I need to submit.after filing for bankruptcy.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Since you're already declare as a bankrupt there are simple steps that you need to do to get started. You are required to head to the Official Assignee's office to be briefed on your responsibilities as a bankrupt and to submit a Statement of Affairs recording your assets and liabilities to the Official Assignee within 21 days of the Bankruptcy Order. After, you and the officers of the Official Assignee will discuss your monthly contribution plan.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Should I voluntarily file for bankruptcy or should I wat for a creditor to di it?

Can I borrow money physical money from a bank?

Would it be possible for someone else in the business owner's family to file for bankruptcy on behalf of the owner?

Can I reposses and own my wife's car?

What are the roles of an official Assignee?

Would my future employers know if I ever filed for a bankruptcy in the past?

Related Reviews

No refunding from wallet if there is an error in the process of toping up an amount

This platform provides zero flexibility of refunding from wallet if there is an error in the process of toping up the amount. Been told by Customer service that the only way is to terminate the account and the refund will be credited after 2 weeks. The UI as well have to be clear at the home screen on which default payment mode are we on as I've been told that the payment mode might switch every time after updating the app

NETSPay / Electronic Transfers Singapore

Convinence using the App to search for great deals nearby

FavePay is the new kid on the block somewhat, yet they’ve been growing aggressively. Fave Pay is now available not only in Singapore but also in Johor Bahru, Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Jakarta, Bali and other Malaysian and Indonesian locations.The main thing that sets FavePay apart from the rest is that they offer generous deals and cash back at many of the merchants on their list and you can even use the app to search for deals nearby. Rather than shopping and retail, Fave Pay is focused on dining and experiences, and their merchant selection reflects that

FavePay / Fave Group

Instant Peer to Peer Payment

Unlike other banks with limits set at $999 or thereabout, if you’re a DBS/POSB customer you can set your daily transfer limit up to S$2,000. There’s also a wallet limit, which caps the amount you can hold in your PayLah! Wallet at any one time, which is up to S$2,000 for DBS/POSB account holders, and S$999 for other users.PayLah! Is a mobile wallet, for making peer to peer payments and spending money in participating stores, restaurants and taxi. You’ll need to have an eligible smartphone and download the PayLah! app to get started

Just PayLah! / DBS Bank

I cant tell if it is the App or my phone malfunctioning

This app has been lagging badly for these past one week or thereabout. It got stuck a couple of times last week, while this week, it is just says "busy" while entering the app or after I click to transact. Not sure if it is my upgrade to Android 10 or something else. I wonder if it is my phone that is the problem

Mighty Pay / United Overseas Bank

Top up your Alipay account and use it both in China and Singapore

Technically, you can open an Alipay account in Singapore, but you need a Chinese mobile number and credit card in order to transfer funds to your Alipay mobile wallet. If you’re a Singaporean who lives in China, you’ll be able to top up your Alipay account and use it both in China and Singapore. The following merchants in Singapore accept payment using Alipay; ComfortDelGro, Prime Taxis, Universal Studios, Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore Zoo, Metro and Robinsons. Now you can ask your friends to transfer money via HitPay to you instead of getting them to part with physical money.

AliPay / Alipay Singapore E-Commerce

Enhance mobile payment capabilities

Liquid Pay is a much smaller player in the scene, but I am seeing more and more of that bright blue logo nowadays. Liquid Group is a payments technology company that works with financial institutions and telcos to enhance mobile payment capabilities. Amidst the competitive market, it seems that Liquid Pay has an uphill battle acquiring customers from other mobile wallets that boasts more integration with other uses like GrabPay and DBS PayLah. Yet, given the circumstances, Liquid Pay is surprisingly widely accepted at food and beverage outlets.

Liquid Pay / Fave Group