Forum
Last updated: 

How does wage garnishment work?

Wage garnishment is a common type of garnishment that happens when you have an unpaid debt and your employer deducts it from your salary. It will continue to deduct until all your debt is paid. In your case, it is the process to pay your taxes. Federal law limits n how much judgment creditors can take from your paycheck. The amount that can be garnished is limited to 25% of your disposable earnings

User comments

• user image

No Name

You need to understand what garnishment means and how it works. The creditors won your case and the court orders your employer to withhold a part of your paycheck. Next is to know your right in this situation. Your employer can not just take money from your salary. Follow all the process and pay your debt to lessen your problems.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Do people who are handicapped excempted to tax?

When I loan from someone are they suppose to add taxes?

will i still pay taxes when my company went bankrupt?

What law do taxpayers violate when they ask for more?

Middleman to contact all the person in debt

Is the taxes that have been added to me is legal?

Related Reviews

Saxo Bank offers trading of currencies, indices, equities, options, futures, ETFs, bonds, CFDs and commodities

Saxo Bank is a Forex Broker offering Forex Trading services via SaxoTrader Desktop, Mobile and Web trading platforms. Regarding orders execution model, Saxo Bank is a b-book broker (a market maker). Saxo Bank offers trading of currencies, indices, equities, options, futures, ETFs, bonds, CFDs and commodities. Saxo Bank is regulated by the Danish Financial Supervisory Authority. I have been using it for overseas equity and the fees are fair enough as per transaction was $4 for most of my trades. Nice mobile app, trades are executed faster, with a nice interface.

Saxo Markets Forex / Saxo Capital Markets

Shorter tenors as short as one week to suit your unique needs

This platform offers wider choices, shorter tenors as short as one week to suit your unique needs, you can diversify your investment holdings by expanding into Premium Currency Investments to gain more exposure to foreign currencies to suit your needs. You stand to earn interest at a rate that’s potentially higher than that of conventional fixed deposits and enhance the returns on your investment portfolio.

Standard Chartered Premium Currency Investments / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

RoboForex is a hybrid broker

RoboForex is a Forex Broker offering Forex Trading services via MetaTrader 4, MetaTrader 5, MT4 and MT5 Mobile, cTrader and Web trading platforms. RoboForex is a hybrid broker meaning both a book and b book broker or market maker. RoboForex offers trading of currencies, indices, CFDs and commodities and is regulated by the CySEC (Cyprus)

RoboForex / RoboForex

UOB UTRADE FX Elite is unregulated

UTRADE FX Elite / UOB Kay Hian

They offer a low brokerage fees with access to most overseas markets

They have a very much improved user interface compared to years ago. Standard chartered bank is really making an effort to compete with other brokerages and offers no custodian fees, while Shares are not kept in CDP. They offer a low brokerage fees with access to most overseas markets. However, their foreign exchange rate is not very good but the make up with a good watch list and price quote interface. You are able to see buying power, portfolio and stock info.

Standard Chartered LiveFX / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

Offers trading of currencies, indices, stocks, futures, options and commodities

KGI Futures is a Forex Broker offering Forex Trading services via MetaTrader 4, MT4 Mobile, MaxxTrader, CQG, TT and KGI Futures trading platforms. Regarding orders execution model, KGI Futuresis an A-book broker. KGI Futures offers trading of currencies, indices, stocks, futures, options and commodities. KGI Futures is unregulated and that perhaps may be the only dark grey area.

KGI Forex / KGI Securities Singapore