Forum
Last updated: 

What should I do with my debt to a loan shark?

In the current status of the economy people can not catch up to the needs of an ordinary person. You need to have a home and some savings. I have settled an agreement to loan sharks to get the things that I needed. The loan sharks are charging me on an early date that is not on the agreement that we have settled. Now the debt that I have to them has increased and increaed. What should I do?

User comments

• user image

No Name

First of all, loan sharks are illegal loaners that the government does not recognize. It is illegal to lend money without a license. If the loan sharks loan lent you the money in a illegal matter, the loan shark has no legal right to collect it and they can't take you to court to get it back. Some loan sharks will threaten you by saying you will be prosecuted and even sent to prison if you don't pay up. This can not happen, an unauthorised lender such as a loan shark has no legal right to recover the debt.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

My neighbor owed me money for a year and stil haven't paying me back.

What happens after one has declared bankruptcy?

Is borrowing money from a loan shark legal?

I have a debt and charged me with high interest rate, what should I do?

Can creditors sue me for debts if I file for bankruptcy?

Can civil suit be taken regardless of private settlement?

Related Reviews

Allows you free access to the library services

Enjoy exclusive Privileges at China Cultural Centre such as free access to over 17,000 arts and cultural books in the library of China Cultural Centre using the new BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card. At the back of the card, you should find a barcode which allows you to have free access to the library services.For the first visit, you are required to bring along your BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card with your NRIC/Passport to the library in China Cultural Centre for activation

BOC Chinese Cultural Debit Card / Bank of China

2% cashback on all contactless payments and 1% on online shopping with no minimum spend

In my opinion, the SAFRA DBS debit card is simply the best debit card. NSF cardholders can get 2% cashback on all contactless payments and 1% on online shopping with no minimum spend. For everyone else, that is non-NSFs, the minimum spend to enjoy these bonus cashback rates is actually $400. But by and large this I believe is worth it in order to reap the full benefits with the card.

SAFRA DBS Debit Card / DBS Bank

Spend at least $400 a month and get 4% rebate

This debit card comes with free PAssion membership of up to $12 for 5 years. Don’t know what’s so great about that but it adds up for some people. Plus when you spend at least $400 a month on the POSB PAssion Card, you get 4% rebate at Giant, Cold Storage and Guardian. If you have a family, you also get 5% rebate at popular Singapore places of attractions and 1-for-1 tickets on the 10th of every month.

PAssion POSB Debit Card / DBS Bank

Annual fee waiver triggered with at least 12 MasterCard transactions per calendar year

The principal UOB Lady’s Debit Card is entitled to the first 3 years card fee waived while thereafter, annual fee waiver will be triggered with at least 12 MasterCard transactions per calendar year. By the way annual fee waiver shall not apply to applicants who have cancelled and reapplied for the same principal UOB Lady’s Debit Card. For eligibility, applicant must be female and be at least 16 years old and no minimum income is requirement.

UOB Lady’s Debit Card / United Overseas Bank

1% cashback with participating retail and transport merchants

This card is well known for their youth centred marketing campaigns and having a wide array of attractive card designs for you to choose from, this FRANK debit card is another popular choice amongst tertiary students. This card offers a 1% cashback with participating retail and transport merchants such as ZALORA, Lazada and Grab. Good enough, there is no minimum income and annual fee required for this card. You only need to be 16 years or older with an OCBE FRANK savings account.

OCBC FRANK Debit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

No annual fee and works as a multi-currency card

Citibank only has one debit card which is the Citibank Debit Mastercard. Regardless of whether you bank with Citibank regularly, this is a useful debit card for frequent travellers. This debit card with no annual fee works as a multi-currency card if you link it to a Citibank Global Foreign Currency Account. Like with the DBS Multi-Currency Account, you can easily convert SGD to 9 foreign currencies: AUD, CAD, EUR, HKD, JPY, NZD, GBP, USD and Swiss Franc.

Citibank Debit Mastercard / Citibank Singapore