Forum
Last updated: 

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

I saw in an online shop that they are selling repossessed items. They are well maintained and even slightly used. They are sure legit people and can be trusted. I asked them for legal documents that will support their stuffs and they showed me the papers. Now I am planning to buy some items from them, can I use my debit card as method of payment?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Buying repossessed items is not an illegal thing to do. Most of the repossessed items have enough documents that support the item. Selling repossesssed items is mostly done by the banks. But other people can also do that if someone loaned from them and have documents. Yes you can buy those items from the seller, you can also use your debit card to pay for the items.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

I lost my Debit Card.

Can I reimburse the money from the company?

Is it safe to give my account number to other persons?

Am I required to have a debit card?

What is the safest bank to apply for a Debit Card?

What if I get fraud with the bank while I'm away from Singapore.

Related Reviews

First check book upon account opening issued at no charge

I like that with the Citibank MaxiSave account the first check book upon account opening will be issued upon request, at no charge.Subsequent check books however are automatically replenished at S$15 each. Also the free check imaging printed on monthly statements for easy monitoring and tracking

Citibank MaxiSave Account / Citibank Singapore

The first S$50,000 balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest

Maybank Passbook Savings Account is remarkably simple in terms of its interest rates structure, but has a few unique features when considering eligibility. To begin with, savings earn interest according to tiers within the balance. In other words, the first S$50,000 of a balance earns at 0.1875% p.a. interest, and any remaining balance beyond S$50,000 earns 0.25% p.a. In terms of eligibility, that may be a bit odd.

Maybank Passbook Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Up Account allows for a base interest which is the basic interest that you will earn, just like with your normal savings account.This account will give you a base rate of 0.01% p.a. Step up interest is a unique component in addition to your base interest. This is innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Citibank Step-Up Account / Citibank Singapore

Awesome banking products with preferential savings rates and lifestyle perks for the elderly

Maybank Singapore goes the extra mile with this one to targets the elderly in new integrated banking package with access to products such as endowment and retirement plans. Maybank Singapore’s integrated package encompassing banking products with preferential savings rates and lifestyle perks for customers aged 50 and above as part of its efforts to help them grow their retirement funds is simple genius

Maybank Passion Plus Programme / Maybank Singapore

Gain great benefits while remitting money abroad

For fellow expats working in Singapore, this current promotion is great for those who need to remit USD overseas. This is where good planning is necessary. You don’t only benefit from exchanging money at your desired rate, but earn even more at the same time with the 2.5% p.a. interest. Plus, when you do transfer after the 4 months, you’ll get to enjoy same-day transfers at S$0 when doing so online with DBS Remit!

DBS Multi-Currency Account / DBS Bank

The habit to save regularly and grow a steady stream of income

I like that with UOB Stash Savings Account one can make it a habit to save regularly, to grow a steady stream of income for times to come, plan ahead and save to ensure one can have a security blanket for the future. With this bank account you get to save as and when you have any extra cash or lump sums from your bonuses or investment

UOB Stash Savings Account / United Overseas Bank