Forum
Last updated: 

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

I've heard that there's a company that offfers a free sim only plan. I'm an overseas worker who just arrived in Singapore and I don't have much cash to work with so I was wondering if there is actually such a thing and if there is, which mobile company offers thse plans what are the service/services that are included in the plan?

User comments

• user image

No Name

At first it might sound lika a hoax but since this is Singapore where possibilities are limitless. There is a company called Circles.Life that offers a free sim only plan. Their plan includes 1GB of data, 30min talk time and 10 SMS every month for S$0. This is perfect for someone who just needs a sim card for emergency purposes or someone who needs a line so they can be reached but does not use their phone much. TPG also offers one which includes 2G of data/day but you can;t use it for calls and SMS.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

Related Reviews

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card