Forum
Last updated: 

If I was to file for bankruptcy would that mean for my bank account that is currently linked to all my billing accounts?

I have no idea with what happened to my small business its dwindling down into somewhat of a hassle to manage and I don’t really have anymore funds to make up for it and I've decided to file for bankruptcy since I don’t see any more benefits that I will have from that small business would this be harder in my part to let go of the business? how sure am I that this would be approved?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Filing for bankruptcy will give you a fresh start to your business and remove you from all the payment needed from that business of yours but ofcourse possesion and benefits from that small business will be voided will no longer be in your hands instead it may be either sold to some other individual who is willing to pay the debts or completely stopped from existing though that may not always be the case but there is still a better chance of it being sold instead, anyway you will be able to make a fresh start but without the investment money of course, you are just given the ability to avoid paying the debts that come along with the business, filing for bankruptcy doesn't always work out it mainly involves how much money it is in debt with and how big the money that was invested in it

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

How can a disabled person have a savings account?

How do I transfer $100,000 from Canada to Singapore?

Damaged bank card

Buying a second hand item with damage

What should I do? Someone hacked my bank account through my phone

The atm is not functioning well

Related Reviews

Covers pregnancy-related medical situations

This Aviva travel insurance also covers pregnancy-related medical situations as long as the delivery date is at least 12 weeks away from your return to Singapore. Most other insurance companies are extremely reluctant to bear that risk but I should mention that if you’re planning to get married or engage in some pre-wedding photoshoot overseas, then take advantage of the nicely packaged add-on for comprehensive wedding coverage to help minimise the amount of freaking out over your special day.

AVIVA Travel Plus / Aviva

Claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while overseas

In case you were not aware, most travel insurers do not cover claims resulting from pre-existing medical conditions while you are overseas, but thankfully Tiq Travel Insurance does so you can go right ahead and opt for one of their Pre-Ex plans to adequately cover yourself on your travels.Some common examples of pre-existing medical conditions are Diabetes, Stroke, Asthma, Cancer and Epilepsy

Tiq Travel Insurance / Etiqa Insurance

Greater protection against baggage, rip delays and baggage loss

Within Asia, HL Assurance is the cheapest of the three plans for 1-week trips, but falls behind the other two for 2-week trips. HL Assurance's Enhanced Plan, like the Basic Plan, places more emphasis on travel inconvenience, with more coverage in this area than FWD and Etiqa. Comparatively speaking, FWD and Etiqa both provide more coverage for medical expenses, trip cancellation and personal accident/death. So if you want greater protection against disruptions like baggage and trip delays and baggage loss, HL Assurance's Enhanced Plan is a better choice.

HLAssurance Annual Unlimited / HL Assurance

I cancelled my airline tickets and submitted my claim online

When I bought airline tickets much farther out in advance than I would normally do, I bought travel insurance via Allianz and also added the "required to work" rider for it just in case. I am so happy I did as due to some changes in my department I was not able to go on vacation as previously planned. I cancelled my airline tickets and submitted my claim online, including printouts showing I cancelled the tickets, along with an email from my supervisor indicating I was required to work.

Allianz Single Trip Travel Insurance / Allianz Global Assistance Singapore

AIG seems to concentrate all their resources on the upper tier plans

In all honesty, the AIG Travel Guard plans offer really poor value on their Basic plan, and only step up on the Standard plan. So if you’re looking for a cheap and good deal, you can skip AIG completely. The basic plan may be cheap but it is most definitely not good. The only reason you might want to get the low- to middle-tier AIG travel insurance is if you booked your trip via a travel agency and they have some kind of exclusive discount that’ll put it back in the competition.That said, the upper-tier travel insurance plans have surprisingly good coverage, so if you want to buy from AIG, go big or go home. AIG seems to concentrate all their resources on the upper tier plans. Plus, in terms of turnaround time, AIG is not bad – they’re willing to commit to a 10 working day turnaround time from claim to settlement. They’re not the only ones who do this, but it’s better than nothing.

Travel Guard Direct Basic / AIG Asia Pacific Insurance

Personal accident cover starts 3 hours before departure with a high medical coverage of up to S$600,000

This card allows you to pays up to $S20,000 under Trip Curtailment even if you have to remain overseas for medical treatment and pays up to S$12,000 for the unrecoverable deposits under Trip Cancellation. Your Personal Accident cover starts 3 hours before departure with a high medical coverage of up to S$600,000 for medical and accidental dental treatment whilst overseas with an automatic extension of policy for up to 30 days if you are hospitalized or placed under compulsory quarantine while overseas upon the written advice of a Doctor. You receive up to S$10,000 for lost personal effects and reimbursement to replace the essential items and an automatic extension of policy for up to 72 hours if you are unable to complete your trip as planned due to Public Transport delays that are not your fault

HSBC SmartTraveller (Essential Plan) / HSBC Bank Singapore