Forum
Last updated: 

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

I saw in an online shop that they are selling repossessed items. They are well maintained and even slightly used. They are sure legit people and can be trusted. I asked them for legal documents that will support their stuffs and they showed me the papers. Now I am planning to buy some items from them, can I use my debit card as method of payment?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Buying repossessed items is not an illegal thing to do. Most of the repossessed items have enough documents that support the item. Selling repossesssed items is mostly done by the banks. But other people can also do that if someone loaned from them and have documents. Yes you can buy those items from the seller, you can also use your debit card to pay for the items.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can i use my debit card for my maintenance?

I lost my Debit Card.

What is the safest bank to apply for a Debit Card?

How can I lock my debit card?

Will my bank account closed if it does not have enough balance?

What age can someone open a debit card.

Related Reviews

You recieve 0.1% interest on the first $50,000

This is a decent account for kid with ages 18 and below as there are no minimum deposit, fall below fee, monthly fee or lock-in period. However, as a parent you are required to pay $50 into the account by GIRO every month. The interest rates aren’t the best but they’re not that bad either as you recieve 0.1% interest on the first $50,000, 0.15% on amounts above $50,000 up to $200,000, and 0.25% on amounts above $200,000.

Standard Chartered e$aver Kids / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

An account aimed at parents who already have an existing Citibank account and wish to open one for their kids

This is an account aimed at parents who already have an existing Citibank account and wish to open one for their kids who are below 18 years of age. Technically, Citibank does not impose fall-below fees on the Junior Savings Account holders. So if your child is the only one in the family with a Citibank account, there will be no fall below fee. However, if you as a parent also have a Citibank account and the total relationship balance which is the total balance of parent and child combined falls below $15,000, then a service fee of $15 will be charged to the parent’s account.

Citibank Junior Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

A Shariah-compliant deposit product which uses shariah concepts

This is a shariah-compliant deposit product which uses the shariah concept of wadiahyad dhamanah(guaranteed safe-keeping)where you deposit your monies with the bank for safe-keeping purposes.The deposits collected will be managed in accordance with Shariah and you will enjoy the benefits of a no fall-below fees and receive indicative returns on your CIMB StarSaver-i

CIMB StarSaver (Savings)-i Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Hit the rate cap and continue to enjoy the base interest rate of 0.01% p.a.

If you often have wondered what will happen when you hit the rate cap, with Citibank tap and save account you will continue to enjoy the base interest rate of 0.01% p.a. and step up interest rate of 0.12% p.a. by continuing to ensure that your current month's minimum balance is greater than your last month's minimum balance or by maintaining your balance above S$20,000.

Citibank Tap and Save Account / Citibank Singapore

Only an initial deposit ofy $10 with no fall below fee

The initial deposit is only $10 and there are no fall below fee, while the account offers other kid-related perks such as birthday privileges, hand foot and mouth disease hospitalisation and outpatient insurance and personal accident insurance for you and your child. They’ve also got frequent promotions designed to attract kids. For instance, when opening a Youngstarz Savings Account, your kid gets a $20 POPULAR bookstore voucher.

Maybank Youngstarz Savings Account / Maybank Singapore

Remit money to Standard Chartared overseas account for free.

Standard Chartered is another name that has an expat banking programme to cater to expats’ needs allowing those on the programme to get their accounts set up prior to arriving in Singapore, and to remit money to overseas Standard Chartered account for free. The main drawback is the lack of Standard Chartered ATMs around, not easily accessable.

Standard Chartered FCY$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore