Forum
Last updated: 

Lending my Debit card

Our family status is not that high as we want. Now that I am working and is the breadwinner of the family, I am expected to give the needs and the wants of the family. The company that I am working with gave us a debit card to use it for the salary to receive. Can I get it to my family for them to use?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Using others debit card comes with risks, even you have permission. Not all banks or debit card companies who issue them will permit you to do so. There are two different ways to authorize a friend or relative to use your debit card. You can add the person to your account officially as an authorized user, or you can simply share your card and personal identification number informally, as many people do.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can i use my debit card for my maintenance?

Can I reimburse the money from the company?

What age can someone open a debit card.

Is it safe to give my account number to other persons?

How can I lock my debit card?

I accidently damage my Debit Card. What should I do?

Related Reviews

Free Identity Theft Solutions to help in the event of stolen identity

As people’s lives grow more digital, it has only served to make it easier for hackers and cybercriminals to access more and more personal information and identity. They can open utility accounts, get a cell phone, or apply for a credit card, all using your name. Citi offers a free Identity Theft Solutions that can help you in the event that your identity is ever stolen. The service comes free with your Citibank Basic Banking Checking Account. Dealing with identity theft can be a massive pain, but Citi’s expert team can make it a little bit easier.

Citibank Basic Banking Account / Citibank Singapore

Complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas

I use Citibank for travel and they have saved me a lot of money on ATM fees as they have many ATM's all over the world. When I had to call them I was very impressed with the level of customer service they provided me.They require a minimum initial deposit of $2,000 and provide complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas with no processing fee and instant fund transfers, I give them some high recommendations

Citibank InterestPlus Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

Gain great benefits while remitting money abroad

For fellow expats working in Singapore, this current promotion is great for those who need to remit USD overseas. This is where good planning is necessary. You don’t only benefit from exchanging money at your desired rate, but earn even more at the same time with the 2.5% p.a. interest. Plus, when you do transfer after the 4 months, you’ll get to enjoy same-day transfers at S$0 when doing so online with DBS Remit!

DBS Multi-Currency Account / DBS Bank

A current account with a chequebook and a 0.8% interest rate

This is a current account with chequebook and a 0.8% for the interest. If you don’t require a chequebook, you can consider opening the fastsaver instead which pays 1%. This combined checking and savings account not only allows you to enjoy one of the highest interest rates at 0.8% p.a. but you will also receive unlimited free cheque books and free withdrawals ASEAN-wide.

CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

A Shariah-compliant deposit product which uses shariah concepts

This is a shariah-compliant deposit product which uses the shariah concept of wadiahyad dhamanah(guaranteed safe-keeping)where you deposit your monies with the bank for safe-keeping purposes.The deposits collected will be managed in accordance with Shariah and you will enjoy the benefits of a no fall-below fees and receive indicative returns on your CIMB StarSaver-i

CIMB StarSaver (Savings)-i Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Unlocks higher cashback of up to 5% on unlimited credit card spend

The Unlimited$aver is a savings account linked to the Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card that unlocks higher cashback of up to 5% on unlimited credit card spend with funds deposited into the Unlimited$aver account. With the Unlimited$aver account, clients can earn up to 5% cashback on their unlimited credit card spend, with no cashback cap and no minimum spend.

Standard Chartered Unlimited Cashback Credit Card / Standard Chartered Unlimited$aver / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore