Forum
Last updated: 

Lending my Debit card

Our family status is not that high as we want. Now that I am working and is the breadwinner of the family, I am expected to give the needs and the wants of the family. The company that I am working with gave us a debit card to use it for the salary to receive. Can I get it to my family for them to use?

Search other products or providers:

User comments

• user image

No Name

Using others debit card comes with risks, even you have permission. Not all banks or debit card companies who issue them will permit you to do so. There are two different ways to authorize a friend or relative to use your debit card. You can add the person to your account officially as an authorized user, or you can simply share your card and personal identification number informally, as many people do.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Debit Cards

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

Debit Cards

I lost my Debit Card.

Debit Cards

What is the safest bank to apply for a Debit Card?

Debit Cards

How can I lock my debit card?

Debit Cards

What age can someone open a debit card.

Debit Cards

What if I get fraud with the bank while I'm away from Singapore.

Related Reviews

Debit Cards

I use CIMB FastSaver to deposit savings for my parents

This is a straightforward bank account which makes saving simple. As it does not come with the multiple criteria to earn a higher interest, the rate is lower compared to local banks, but up to 1.8% p.a. and there is no fall below fee involved. I use CIMB FastSaver to deposit savings for my parents and overall customer service is great since not many people use this bank.

CIMB FastSaver Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Debit Cards

The best high interest account in the market!

This is perhaps the most competitive salary crediting account that earns sizeable interest rate. Only low point is that you need to hit the minimum spent of $500 a month on debit or credit card and must pair up with one/yolo/lady’s card. Best high interest account in the market! Reliable and efficient travel insurance claim, highly recommendable and easy to claim. Your one stop solution for all travel insurance needs.

UOB One Account / United Overseas Bank

Debit Cards

Complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas

I use Citibank for travel and they have saved me a lot of money on ATM fees as they have many ATM's all over the world. When I had to call them I was very impressed with the level of customer service they provided me.They require a minimum initial deposit of $2,000 and provide complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas with no processing fee and instant fund transfers, I give them some high recommendations

Citibank InterestPlus Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

Debit Cards

A current account with a chequebook and a 0.8% interest rate

This is a current account with chequebook and a 0.8% for the interest. If you don’t require a chequebook, you can consider opening the fastsaver instead which pays 1%. This combined checking and savings account not only allows you to enjoy one of the highest interest rates at 0.8% p.a. but you will also receive unlimited free cheque books and free withdrawals ASEAN-wide.

CIMB StarSaver (Savings) Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Debit Cards

Good for new to workforce adult with minimal saving.

The interest is quite low on this card as compared with other saving plan. It deducts 2 dollars per month on your account balance if it is lower than $500. The interest rate is minimal and there are no incentive to save each month. Super good account as they do not need initial deposit to open the account. Good for new to workforce adult that have not much saving.

DBS eMySavings Account / DBS Bank

Debit Cards

innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Up Account allows for a base interest which is the basic interest that you will earn, just like with your normal savings account.This account will give you a base rate of 0.01% p.a. Step up interest is a unique component in addition to your base interest. This is innovatively designed to reward you more as you increase your savings with them

Citibank Step-Up Account / Citibank Singapore