Forum
Last updated: 

Lending my Debit card

Our family status is not that high as we want. Now that I am working and is the breadwinner of the family, I am expected to give the needs and the wants of the family. The company that I am working with gave us a debit card to use it for the salary to receive. Can I get it to my family for them to use?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Using others debit card comes with risks, even you have permission. Not all banks or debit card companies who issue them will permit you to do so. There are two different ways to authorize a friend or relative to use your debit card. You can add the person to your account officially as an authorized user, or you can simply share your card and personal identification number informally, as many people do.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can i use my debit card for my maintenance?

My grandfather are being treated at home

Am I required to have a debit card?

Is it safe to give my account number to other persons?

What is the safest bank to apply for a Debit Card?

They are selling repossessed items on a lower price

Related Reviews

An account aimed at parents who already have an existing Citibank account and wish to open one for their kids

This is an account aimed at parents who already have an existing Citibank account and wish to open one for their kids who are below 18 years of age. Technically, Citibank does not impose fall-below fees on the Junior Savings Account holders. So if your child is the only one in the family with a Citibank account, there will be no fall below fee. However, if you as a parent also have a Citibank account and the total relationship balance which is the total balance of parent and child combined falls below $15,000, then a service fee of $15 will be charged to the parent’s account.

Citibank Junior Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

Provides the potential to earn even higher interest than an ordinary savings account would allow

This Money Market Account provides the potential to earn even higher interest than an ordinary savings account would allow based on the daily prevailing Singapore Dollar Interbank Bid Rate. It also avails easy tracking of funds with separate monthly statement, online cheque payment service, direct transfer of funds between accounts, electronic statements and so on. The low point of this card has to be that it is only applicable to customers that are 55 years old and above

Citibank Money Market Account / Citibank Singapore

User interface for the mobile and online banking is lagging

Good account with pretty good interest without having to worry about minimum spend or other transactions. However, since they encourage account holders to go cardless, to get a card you may need to pay for it. I find that the user interface for the mobile and online banking is rather lacklustre as logging in seems to be a huge problem for the app.

CIMB FastSaver-i Account / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

First check book upon account opening issued at no charge

I like that with the Citibank MaxiSave account the first check book upon account opening will be issued upon request, at no charge.Subsequent check books however are automatically replenished at S$15 each. Also the free check imaging printed on monthly statements for easy monitoring and tracking

Citibank MaxiSave Account / Citibank Singapore

Complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas

I use Citibank for travel and they have saved me a lot of money on ATM fees as they have many ATM's all over the world. When I had to call them I was very impressed with the level of customer service they provided me.They require a minimum initial deposit of $2,000 and provide complimentary cash withdrawals from Citibank ATMs overseas with no processing fee and instant fund transfers, I give them some high recommendations

Citibank InterestPlus Savings Account / Citibank Singapore

Free Identity Theft Solutions to help in the event of stolen identity

As people’s lives grow more digital, it has only served to make it easier for hackers and cybercriminals to access more and more personal information and identity. They can open utility accounts, get a cell phone, or apply for a credit card, all using your name. Citi offers a free Identity Theft Solutions that can help you in the event that your identity is ever stolen. The service comes free with your Citibank Basic Banking Checking Account. Dealing with identity theft can be a massive pain, but Citi’s expert team can make it a little bit easier.

Citibank Basic Banking Account / Citibank Singapore