Forum
Last updated: 

What would happen to my assets and my debts if I pass away?

I filed for bankruptcy this year and I am already near my 60's where anything could happen. I've always wondered what would happen to my assets in the bankrupt estate or my remaining debts in case something bad happens to me and I pass away, hoping that this doesn't happen to me and that I live a longer life.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Hoping that you live for the longest time possible, should you pass away, your yestate (different from bankruptcy estate), assets, money, property etc.. distributed to persons who will inherit them would be subject to the funeral, testimony and administration expenses and the OA will continue managing the bankrupt estate to pay off your debts to the creditors. Therefore your death will not discharge you of your debts.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What are the benefits of filing for bankrutpcy?

What rules should I keep in mind when filing for bankruptcy?

Am i qualified to have a bank account?

Who would manage my bankruptcy estate and who decides my target contributions?

Can fraud be an applicable case towards me if I were to file fraud for an individual who claimed my checks?

Would it be possible for someone else in the business owner's family to file for bankruptcy on behalf of the owner?

Related Reviews

The range of partner merchants isn’t that extensive

If you’re a serial Grab commuter, you might already have used GrabPay.They also have a number of partner merchants who accept payment using the GrabPay app.You have to top up your GrabPay account in order to use it anyway and honestly, the range of partner merchants isn’t that great and is mostly limited to small neighbourhood businesses. If you’re serious about using an e-wallet for most of your transactions, you will definitely need to download another e-wallet app for day-to-day use.

GrabPay / Gpay Network S

Face to face verification via live video call rather than visiting a branch

I think it is more seamless if we could have a face to face verification via live video call rather than having to travel all the way since the idea is convenience anyway. The direct bank to card transfer was good but they could consider including wallet to bank as well. It would also be nice if they include multiple currencies for multiple wallets with attractive packages for Malaysia especially since other wallets/banks don’t have Malaysia. I would also fancy if they ensure that the interface updates promptly especially for remaining balance and suspended cards and include any charges upfront before users make payments

FlexM / FlexM

Awesome features and top-notch security measures

I like how you can transfer your cash out and it’s liquid and at the same time you can use it for overseas payments. Love the feature of the one- time destroyable card number to protect your wallets from fraudsters. Very simple and straightforward user interface. Topping up the account was easy using credit card and there were plenty of security tools that allows you to turn on & off real time to keep your account safe. Real time viewing of exchange rate in app is definitely a function that I love so that I can do the conversion real time to know how much I will be spending in local currency.

Revolut / Revolut

Dash all the way from Singapore to Thailand

Singtel Dash is an e-wallet, so once you download the Singtel Dash app and log in, you can top up your dash account. It also works as a virtual visa account, so the account comes with its own unique 16-digit Dash Visa virtual account number and security code. Singtel Dash is can be used in Thailand in as well as in Singapore, making it more attractive to Singaporeans who frequently travel to Thailand. The app also lets you transfer money to another account, remit money overseas and, if you have an NFC-enabled phone, tap in and out of train and bus rides.

Dash / Telecom Equipment

Instant Peer to Peer Payment

Unlike other banks with limits set at $999 or thereabout, if you’re a DBS/POSB customer you can set your daily transfer limit up to S$2,000. There’s also a wallet limit, which caps the amount you can hold in your PayLah! Wallet at any one time, which is up to S$2,000 for DBS/POSB account holders, and S$999 for other users.PayLah! Is a mobile wallet, for making peer to peer payments and spending money in participating stores, restaurants and taxi. You’ll need to have an eligible smartphone and download the PayLah! app to get started

Just PayLah! / DBS Bank

Top up your Alipay account and use it both in China and Singapore

Technically, you can open an Alipay account in Singapore, but you need a Chinese mobile number and credit card in order to transfer funds to your Alipay mobile wallet. If you’re a Singaporean who lives in China, you’ll be able to top up your Alipay account and use it both in China and Singapore. The following merchants in Singapore accept payment using Alipay; ComfortDelGro, Prime Taxis, Universal Studios, Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore Zoo, Metro and Robinsons. Now you can ask your friends to transfer money via HitPay to you instead of getting them to part with physical money.

AliPay / Alipay Singapore E-Commerce