Forum
Last updated: 

Can I convert my Rewards points with the HSBC Revolution Credit Card into air miles?

My girlfriend has the HSBC Revolution Credit Card and she is not too knowledgeable about the cards workings, she wishes to convert her rewards points with the HSBC Revolution Credit Card into air miles. But even before that how does she get to earn the Rewards points?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Her Rewards points can be translated into free flights with frequent flyer programmes from Singapore Airlines Krisflyer and Asia Miles. Every 5,000 Rewards points can be exchanged for 2,000 miles while every dollar charged to her credit card earns her one Rewards point. Rewards points can be used to redeem shopping, dining and entertainment vouchers, gifts and cash rebates. Fortunately too, Rewards points last for three years.

2019.08.01 5:28

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Poor and upleasant hotline

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.

HSBC Revolution Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Essentially I use this card only when there is dining discounts

Funny enough, I signed up for this card a couple of years back in order to get a free Samsonite luggage after spending $5,000. I still use this card howbeit not as frequently as I used to previously. Essentially I use this card only when there's dining discounts or when I use it along with the free HSBC Entertainer App. The HSBC Entertainer App provides 1-for-1 deals.

Online expenditure and dining rebates are decent with this card

While online expenditure and dining rebates are decent with this card, the card has been ousted by other credit cards. Aside from maybe the discounted Golden Village movie tickets they offer which in my honest opinion is far better than any other bank's credit cards or rebates. This card does not really have much to write home about.

I don’t see a point using this card frequently unless there’s a specific HSBC promotion

The cash rebates for supermarket and dining have been outshined by other family oriented card. Presently, I don’t see a point to use this card frequently unless there’s a specific HSBC promotion with the retailer or airline. I use to hold this card but nothing fantastic and signed up due to bank promotions. Regretted it and hope my review will make others to think twice about the purschase.

Recommending Forums

How much credit limit will I be granted on my HSBC Revolution credit card?

HSBC Revolution Credit Card

Related Forums

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

What are the characteristics of a bond?

What will happen if a foreigner borrows money from unlicensed money lenders?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

Related Reviews

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International