Forum
Last updated: 

Please I would love to know if I can apply for the American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card if the income I earn is a little over S$80,000 p.a?

I really want to up my card game up and I have my sights on the American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card, can I apply for it if I earn about s$80,000 p.a? Would I be eligible?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Eligibility for application for the American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card online requires that you are over 21 years old with an earning which provides you an income of over S$150,000 p.a. So unfortunately you will not be eligible for this card at this time.

2019.08.01 5:33

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Emergency legal and medical assistance

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

50% savings at many high end restaurants

The Pros with this card from my observations include the fact that high membership Rewards points earn rate at specific merchants including a 50% savings at many high end restaurants, an attractive signup offer for 2 nights stay at the hotel. The Cons include a non-waivable annual fee and a High minimum spend to qualify for signup rewards

Earn 2X Membership Rewards points with your Credit Card for every $1.60 you spend

I like the shopping benefits that come with this card starting with the opportunity to earn 2X Membership Rewards points with your Credit Card for every $1.60 you spend and with EXTRA from Membership Rewards, you stand to earn a total of 10 Membership Rewards points for every $1.60 spent at Platinum EXTRA Partners. You can be assured of peace of mind when you shop with your card with the cards 90-Day Purchase Protection and 90-Day Return Guarantee

Take advantage of the all year-round savings of up to 50% at over 60 restaurants and hotels

I am still trying to take advantage of the all year-round savings of up to 50% at over 60 restaurants and hotels dining island wide with the cards love dining privileges. So much to choose from don’t you think so? Plus you can save up to 50% savings with American Express Selects at a wide selection of restaurants in Singapore

Enjoy 7.1% savings via statement credit on your net petrol purchases at SPC

With this card what I enjoy in particular the Petrol Stations Benefits which allows one to enrol the card to enjoy 7.1% savings via statement credit on your net petrol purchases at SPC and up to 21% savings with the rebate (15% onsite + 6.04% savings via statement credit) at SPC.

Recommending Forums

Who can point out the benefits of the Amex Platinum Reserve Credit Card’s dining privileges?

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card

Related Forums

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

Related Reviews

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore