Forum
Last updated: 

What are the Key Benefits of the American Express Personal Card?

My experience with card security has not been a pleasant one in the past as my card got compromised at a point, so I wonder if the American Express Personal Card provides World-class security Services?

User comments

• user image

No Name

From my personal experience you can enjoy peace of mind from your travels and shopping as protection is included with your Card to offers you repairs, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with your Card, which has either been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. With coverages up to S$8,000 per item and up to a maximum of S$80,000 per calendar year per Card Member Account. And in the case of unexpected happenings when you travel overseas, you can receive immediate advice with the cards 24/7 global helpline, free referrals to an English-speaking doctor, lawyer or relevant professional, and assistance on passport replacement, missing luggage and more. You also get to receive free accidental death and dismemberment insurance while travelling on a public conveyance for up to S$200,000. This is exclusively eligible for Card Member, there spouse and dependent children under 23 years old.

2019.08.01 5:40

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire

First of all, unlike other loyalty programmes, the American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire. Furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can stand to accumulate, you just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it, pretty much the skies can be your limit as you can use the points the way you want from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card.

American Express Personal Card / American Express International

Membership Rewards points with the AMEX express personal card never expire

Unlike with other competing loyalty programmes, the Membership Rewards points with the AMEX express personal card never expire and furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can accumulate, you only just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it as pretty much the sky's the limit.

Use points to redeem shopping, travel and entertainment rewards

With this card you can use points the way you want, right from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card. So I encourage you to try it and use your membership rewards points the way you want to use it. Visit the membership rewards page to find out more ways you can use your points.

Coverage up to S$8,000 per item and up to a max of S$80,000 per calendar year

With their Purchase Protection whether you're buying online or shopping at your local supermarket, the Purchase Protection offers you repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with your Card that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase. With coverage up to S$8,000 per item and up to a maximum of S$80,000 per calendar year per Card Member Account.

You earn 2 Membership Rewards points for every S$1.60 spent

With the membership rewards programme, you earn 2 Membership Rewards points for every S$1.60 spent. Enrolment into the Membership Rewards Programme is required for points to be awarded however and you may choose to enrol either as a non-frequent traveller option of $10 you earn membership rewards points towards redeeming dining and shopping rewards OR the frequent traveller option of $40 you earn Membership Rewards points towards redeeming dining & shopping rewards, flights and hotel stays.

Recommending Forums

What is the make-up of Travel Accident Insurance and Purchase protection plans for the Amex Personal Card?

American Express Personal Card

Related Forums

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

What are the characteristics of a bond?

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

Related Reviews

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore