Last updated: 

Who are entitled to the CPF contributions?

I've been working here in singapore and I have a permanent residency in Singapore however I am not sure if I am eligible for the Central Provident FUnds. Paying for it and making monthly contribution is part of my contract however I am afraid that I am not eligible to claim it. Would I still be able to get the returns even if I'm not a Singaporean?

User comments

  • user image

    No Name

    You don;t have to worry about that because as long as you are an employee in Singapore and you are a Singaporean or have a permanent residence in Singapore then you are definitely entitled to the CPF which is why it is part of your key employment terms. CPF contributions are payable for Singapore citizens and Singapore permanent residents who are working in Singapore under a contract of service or employed under a permanent, part-time or casual basis.

    2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

I am an employee in a big company and I am having a surgery and requested by my doctor to have a whole month leave.

What is the silver support scheme?

Who manages employment disputes in Singapore?

What are Key Employment Terms and contract of service?

As an employer, what can I do if my employees are evperiencing employment grievances?

They changed the contract