Forum
Last updated: 

Would I still get payed if i work on a public holiday?

It's a public holiday today however I still decided to go to work because I have nothing else to do and I need to finish my requirements at work so that I could meet the deadlines. Would I get payed if I worked on a public hokiday and how much would I get payed if I were to get payed by working on a public holiday?

User comments

• user image

No Name

If you work on a public holiday, by default, your employer should pay you an additional day's pay or by mutual agreement, you can get either a public holiday or time off in lieu if you are not covered by Part IV of the Employment Act If you are required to work on a public holiday, you should be paid an extra day's salary at the basic rate. If you are absent without reason the working day before or after the holiday then you are not entitled to the holiday pay. Your employer can therefore deduct one day’s pay at the gross rate from your monthly salary.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What are the best financing and accounting apps for SmartPhones ?

is it necessary for my company to have it's own website?

How can market automation make my company better?

Would a virtual office reduce my business cost?

Small and Medium Enterprises are going virtual. I want to increase my productivity by going virtual however I'm not sure if this would lower my cost. I also want to decrease my overheads. Would having a virtual office reduce my business costs and if it does how would it reduce my business costs? Would it be more efficient?

What are the business skills that I should master?

How do I protect my business from ransomware?