Forum
Last updated: 

Can I use my credit card for a medical procedure?

My sister needs to have an operation as soon as possible the doctor told us. Our parents do not have enough money to pay for the bills, even I do not have enough saving to pay for the operation fee that she will be undergoing. I only have credit card with me. Can I use this for the bills and fees? Can the government help us?

User comments

• user image

No Name

We sometimes encounter and expected event in our lives like accidents, bonuses and other more. Some people does not expect an emergency ahead of them. If they are in an accident and need to pay some fees, you can pay them via cash. If you do not have cash or cannot pay them with your savings. You can pay them through credit card. Singapore Government is committed to keep healthcare affordable and to help needy patients with their medical bills.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

My bestfriend is sick

How do I fix the errors in my newly applied credit card?

What shpuld I do in case I accidentally damaged my credit card?

I am a victim of skimming. What should I do?

How can I assure that the credit card I'm using is trust worthy?

Lending my credit card

Related Reviews

Islamic auto financing

Maybank charges a much higher interest rate of 3.25% for its car loans than other lenders in Singapore, making it a less affordable option however, borrowers that are unable to obtain a car loan from other banks may want to keep Maybank in mind as a an alternative to other lenders. It is also worth noting that Maybank offers Islamic auto financing, which may be of interest to prospective borrowers.

Maybank Car Loans Singapore / Maybank Singapore

Apply for a loan in just 3 minutes

What makes Auto Credit Express unique is that they have created one of the largest networks of auto dealers that specialize in financing auto loans for different types of credit profiles. You can get an auto loan for a new or used car by getting funding within a few days by applying for a loan in 3 minutes and enjoy phone support is fast and friendly

U Credit Car Loan / U Credit

Lowest rates for new and used car loans in Singapore

DBS charges interest rate of 2.28% for its car loans to individuals that apply online and that is the lowest rate offered for both new and used car loans in Singapore. In my opinion this makes DBS the most affordable option for those that require financing in order to purchase a vehicle. It is also worth noting that DBS is currently offering an even lower rate for the purchase of used cars (1.99% p.a.) in a promotion.

DBS Car Loan / DBS Bank

On both occasions the customer service has been phenominal

Even as it was my first time dealing with them the customer service staff were very friendly and helpful delivering on a fast and smooth transaction processing time. On my second time using them I was not disappointed too as I had a very pleasant transaction and would gladly recommend them to my friends and family. Trusted dealer!

Asia Carz Credit Car Loan / Asia Carz Credit

Car loan calculator that allows for the calculation of monthly payments

The Standard Chartered car loan calculator allows for the calculation of monthly payments you’ll need to make if you take up a car loan. Simply indicate the car type, enter the required loan amount, loan term and click “Calculate”. You should remember to always consider if you’ll be financially comfortable to meet up payment for the projected monthly instalments while still meeting your basic needs before committing to a car purchase.

Standard Chartered Auto Financing / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

A no-no for individuals seeking the cheapest car loan

This car loan is a no-no for individuals seeking the cheapest car loan or borrowers seeking to refinance their existing car loan as interest rates of 2.78% and 2.98% don’t come cheap. Irrespective, UOB could be a good backup source of car financing for individuals that are not approved for loans from other banks. Additionally, the bank is unique because it offers flexible car loan repayment schemes and Certificate of Entitlement (COE) loans for used cars.

UOB Car Loan / United Overseas Bank