Forum
Last updated: 

What is the difference between workfare income supplement and workfare training support?

Workfare is and has always been a key pillar of Singapore's social security landscape and there are two schemes. There's the workfare income suppolement and the workfare training support scheme. I want to know more about the differences between these schemes and the qualifications for these schemes andtheir benefits.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Workfare Income Supplement rewards regular work and individual effort by providing cash and CPF payouts to help with expenditure needs and retirement savings of older lower-wage workers and persons with disabilities (PWDs) who work while workfare training support complements the WIS scheme by helping older lower-wage workers upgrade their skills through training..You will qualify for Workfare Income Supplement if you are a Singapore Citizen who is 35 years old or above on 31 December of the work year,; and earn a gross monthly income of not more than $2,300 for the month worked. You qualify for Workfare Training Support if you are a Singapore Citizen; who is 35 years and above and earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,000 for the months worked.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

When should I file my claim to the TADM?

How do i know if I am eligible to work in Singapore?

An employee damage something while his doing his job

Emotional damage

As an employer, what can I do if my employees are evperiencing employment grievances?

What is the silver support scheme?