Forum
Last updated: 

What is the difference between workfare income supplement and workfare training support?

Workfare is and has always been a key pillar of Singapore's social security landscape and there are two schemes. There's the workfare income suppolement and the workfare training support scheme. I want to know more about the differences between these schemes and the qualifications for these schemes andtheir benefits.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Workfare Income Supplement rewards regular work and individual effort by providing cash and CPF payouts to help with expenditure needs and retirement savings of older lower-wage workers and persons with disabilities (PWDs) who work while workfare training support complements the WIS scheme by helping older lower-wage workers upgrade their skills through training..You will qualify for Workfare Income Supplement if you are a Singapore Citizen who is 35 years old or above on 31 December of the work year,; and earn a gross monthly income of not more than $2,300 for the month worked. You qualify for Workfare Training Support if you are a Singapore Citizen; who is 35 years and above and earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,000 for the months worked.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

I want to work abroad, what are the opportunities that are waiting for me?

Are young children allowed to do minor tasks in Singapore?

What are the types of claims?

Who manages employment disputes in Singapore?

What are the most in demand jobs in Singapore?

How can I collect debts with my employee?