Forum
Last updated: 

They gave me more than what I requested

I have a lot of jobs and the salary all in all is more than an average worker. I am planning to buy a vehicle here in Singapore and will use it for a business that I will be starting soon. I do not have enough savings yet to buy those things. I am planning to loan on banks but the terms that they are offering does not meet what I am expected. I tried from other agencies that have great feed backs. We had an agreement and they gave me the money, but when I checked out the money, it was more than I requested.

User comments

• user image

No Name

There are a lot of agencies in Sinapore that lends you money at a low rate than the banks. You can find them online, and they are acknowledge by the authorities of Singapore. There are times that when they mistakenly gives you the wrong loan that you requested. It can be that it is low or high. It is a mistake that may happen to anyone. You must report to the agency when it happens to you because they can trace which transaction went wrong.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can I get a another loan even though I have debts?

I need to loan a big amount of money but from whom?

Can I loan money for our house damaged by a typhoon?

Is it safe to borrow money with 30% interest rate?

Will I still pay to the loan shark if ever I die?

Can I obtain a housing loan if I have credit card issues?

Related Reviews

Sign up for CreditAble in order to cash your credit line using the Maybank CreditAble Term Loan

Maybank does not exactly offer a proper personal loan in itself but its term loan is linked to its personal credit line product. You just need to sign up for CreditAble in order to cash your credit line using the Maybank CreditAble Term Loan but note the terms & conditions and annual fee however. In my personal opinion, the loan amount is small while the interest is high, so it may be best to avoid this one.

Maybank Personal Loan / Maybank Singapore

HSBC personal loan offers the longest loan tenure of 7 years in Singapore

If you need to borrow a large amount but cannot afford a big monthly repayment, then you should give consideration to the HSBC Personal Loan. This HSBC personal loan offers the longest loan tenure of 7 years in Singapore which means you’ll be paying 7 years’ worth of interest. HSBC is also great for those who need cash urgently as you can get approval-in-principle within one minute and receive the money the next working day. Isn’t that just wonderful?

HSBC Personal Loan / HSBC Bank Singapore

MoneySmart exclusive rate of 3.5% (7.27% p.a.) for new loan customers with only 1% processing fee

The OCBC ExtraCash Loan is a true personal loan as it allows you to borrow up to 6X your monthly salary. However, I must warn that the interest rate is kinda high. If you don’t require that much money, I recommend that you consider the OCBC Cash-on-Instalments loan which is slightly cheaper. However currently with OCBC personal loan, you can get a MoneySmart exclusive rate of 3.5% (7.27% p.a.) for new loan customers with only 1% processing fee. For existing loan customers, you pay an interest of 4.7% p.a. (EIR 9.46% p.a.).

OCBC ExtraCash Loan / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

You can actually apply for a credit card and personal loan at the same time

To apply for a UOB Personal Loan, you’ll need either a UOB CashPlus account or UOB credit card as UOB draws from your credit card limit. If you’re new to UOB, you can apply for a credit card and personal loan at the same time but note that terms & conditions like the fee schedule of the credit card will also apply to your UOB Personal Loan. UOB bank is one of the few banks that provide instant approval for personal loans for submissions between 7am to 8pm by new UOB customers.

UOB Personal Loan / United Overseas Bank

$199 cashback for loans of $1,000 and above if you apply through MoneySmart

Although standard Chartered personal loan’s published rates aren’t that awesome, you still get a much lower interest rate as well as $199 cashback for loans of $1,000 and above if you apply through MoneySmart for your loan amounts of $1,000 to $250,000. Like most of its competitors, Standard Chartered Bank promises next-day cash. You can apply via MyInfo via MoneySmart to get instant approval and loan disbursement

Standard Chartered CashOne Personal Loan / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

One other good thing CIMB credit cards have is that there are no annual fees

The CIMB CashLite personal loan is based on your available credit card credit limit therefore you have to be a CIMB cardholder to apply for it. One other good thing CIMB credit cards have is that there are no annual fees but CIMB doesn’t publish their interest rates online. The actual interest rate is personalised based on your risk profile and credit history so you might very well end up with a higher interest rate than advertised.

CIMB CashLite / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch