Forum
Last updated: 

Will I still pay to the loan shark if ever I die?

One of my friend died due to heart attack but he owes money to a loan shark. If ever I owe a loan shark some money and then I died accidentally, will I still pay or whoever in my family will be responsible for my debts? If ever they will pay, should they pay in full amount? And we all know what loan sharks are, they put too much interests to the loan.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Technically, there is still debt left and you owe money to the loan shark. One of your relative will stand as your guarantor and he or she will be the one responsible for your unpaid debts. Make sure to let them know so that they are always prepared whatever happens. Also, it is better to pay in full amount because it will not increase if there is nothing left, no interest will be added since there is no more unpaid debt.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can I get a loan to treatment my old father? Because I belong to a poor family?

I want to apply for a renovation loan.

What are the terms and conditions for me as a creditor to file a debtor for bankruptcy?

If I were to borrow money from the bank how will this work out?

How to avoid loan scams?

My car has been repossessed.

Related Reviews

One other good thing CIMB credit cards have is that there are no annual fees

The CIMB CashLite personal loan is based on your available credit card credit limit therefore you have to be a CIMB cardholder to apply for it. One other good thing CIMB credit cards have is that there are no annual fees but CIMB doesn’t publish their interest rates online. The actual interest rate is personalised based on your risk profile and credit history so you might very well end up with a higher interest rate than advertised.

CIMB CashLite / CIMB Bank Berhad Singapore Branch

Quick Cash has the lowest published interest rates on the market and no processing fees

Citi Personal Loans / Citibank Singapore

Get interest-free cash in 15 minutes from as low as 0.7% processing fee

With the Credit Card Funds Transfer, you can get interest-free cash in 15 minutes from as low as 0.7% processing fee (EIR from 2.83% p.a.) and also freely choose your preferred tenure of 3, 6, 9 or 12 months. Although they offer a 0% p.a. interest rate, this is valid for a Credit Card Funds Transfer with a 3, 6, 9 or 12 month tenure and is only applicable to the amount transferred pursuant to the application submitted in respect of this promotion. The prevailing interest rate of 26.9% p.a. applies after the expiration of the tenure indicated in the application form.

Standard Chartered CashOne Personal Loan / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

HSBC personal loan offers the longest loan tenure of 7 years in Singapore

If you need to borrow a large amount but cannot afford a big monthly repayment, then you should give consideration to the HSBC Personal Loan. This HSBC personal loan offers the longest loan tenure of 7 years in Singapore which means you’ll be paying 7 years’ worth of interest. HSBC is also great for those who need cash urgently as you can get approval-in-principle within one minute and receive the money the next working day. Isn’t that just wonderful?

HSBC Personal Loan / HSBC Bank Singapore

A great contender for the 7-year personal loans provider

This card is a great contender for the 7-year personal loans lead yet is the relative newcomer on the block. This does not stop them from being very aggressive in Singapore these past few years. Although Bank of China $martLoan’s interest rates are on the high side, Bank of China is generally more lenient than most other banks in Singapore and have a lower minimum annual income.

Bank of China $martLoan / Bank of China

DBS personal loans are based on either your credit card or personal line of credit

DBS personal loans are based on either your credit card or personal line of credit. Thus if you have DBS credit card or DBS Cashline and a DBS deposit account, you can apply through internet banking and get your loan processed immediately and credited instantly into your account. However if you don’t have a DBS credit card you can still get this loan, but you will have to furnish your income documents and obviously you won’t get the funds right away

DBS Personal Loan / DBS Bank