Forum
Last updated: 

Can I loan money for our house damaged by a typhoon?

My family and I are on a vacation in out of the town. We stayed there for two weeks. Yet in our hometown there is a typhoon that we didn't know that will come. So we stayed out of town to keep safe as per the authorities, we cannot go home yet. After the week of typhoon, we went home and found some of the parts of our house damaged and broken due to the strong winds and rain.

User comments

• user image

No Name

If you need funds for your renovations, you should get a renovation loan instead of getting a personal loan. While a personal loan does the same job as that of renovation loans, banks and moneylenders check a person's credit risk and where they will use the money to determine if they should lend you money.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can I get a another loan even though I have debts?

How to avoid loan scams?

Can I get a loan to treatment my old father? Because I belong to a poor family?

I want a business tomorrow.

Is this loaning agency legit?

Can I sue a loan shark?

Related Reviews

HSBC personal loan offers the longest loan tenure of 7 years in Singapore

If you need to borrow a large amount but cannot afford a big monthly repayment, then you should give consideration to the HSBC Personal Loan. This HSBC personal loan offers the longest loan tenure of 7 years in Singapore which means you’ll be paying 7 years’ worth of interest. HSBC is also great for those who need cash urgently as you can get approval-in-principle within one minute and receive the money the next working day. Isn’t that just wonderful?

HSBC Personal Loan / HSBC Bank Singapore

Get interest-free cash in 15 minutes from as low as 0.7% processing fee

With the Credit Card Funds Transfer, you can get interest-free cash in 15 minutes from as low as 0.7% processing fee (EIR from 2.83% p.a.) and also freely choose your preferred tenure of 3, 6, 9 or 12 months. Although they offer a 0% p.a. interest rate, this is valid for a Credit Card Funds Transfer with a 3, 6, 9 or 12 month tenure and is only applicable to the amount transferred pursuant to the application submitted in respect of this promotion. The prevailing interest rate of 26.9% p.a. applies after the expiration of the tenure indicated in the application form.

Standard Chartered CashOne Personal Loan / Standard Chartered Bank Singapore

DBS personal loans are based on either your credit card or personal line of credit

DBS personal loans are based on either your credit card or personal line of credit. Thus if you have DBS credit card or DBS Cashline and a DBS deposit account, you can apply through internet banking and get your loan processed immediately and credited instantly into your account. However if you don’t have a DBS credit card you can still get this loan, but you will have to furnish your income documents and obviously you won’t get the funds right away

DBS Personal Loan / DBS Bank

Sign up for CreditAble in order to cash your credit line using the Maybank CreditAble Term Loan

Maybank does not exactly offer a proper personal loan in itself but its term loan is linked to its personal credit line product. You just need to sign up for CreditAble in order to cash your credit line using the Maybank CreditAble Term Loan but note the terms & conditions and annual fee however. In my personal opinion, the loan amount is small while the interest is high, so it may be best to avoid this one.

Maybank Personal Loan / Maybank Singapore

Apply for a Citi Quick Cash to pay for urgent expenses such as medical bills and business expenses,

One can us the Citi Quick Cash for big ticket purchases and projects like home renovations while you can basically use the Citi Quick Cash for any type of expenses. On the other hand, you can also apply for a Citi Quick Cash to pay for urgent expenses such as medical bills, business expenses, unexpected repairs and much more. With Citi Quick Cash, the possibilities are in fact endless. You can also convert your unutilised credit limit to cash in your Citi Deposit Account in 60 seconds. A major plus is that you can get the cash on your terms and anytime on your mobile phone and repay with plans up to 60 months. No documents required and no hidden fees.

Citi Quick Cash / Citibank Singapore

Quick Cash has the lowest published interest rates on the market and no processing fees

Citi Personal Loans / Citibank Singapore