Forum
Last updated: 

What is the difference between an SCB Business Platinum Card promotion and its reward?

I am completely new to credit cards and the whole terms and phrases, what is the difference between a promotion and a featured Reward offered by a card for example the SCB Business Platinum Card?

User comments

• user image

No Name

In summary, rewards are regular features of the cards program while promotions are periodic offers that are introduced from time to time so that you can get more out of your reward points. Featured rewards are more like the highlights of the many rewards you will find in the Online Rewards site. You should visit the view rewards section to view the full range of rewards available to you.

2019.08.01 4:9

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

How do I get free credit reports for my Business Platinum Card?

Standard Chartered Business Platinum Card

Related Forums

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Is it true that foreigners would be subjected to aggregate loan caps?

Related Reviews

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear

I would recommend the card for use by people who frequently purchase clothing and electronics and also in particular from known on online merchants like AliExpress, Amazon, Lazada, Shopee and Taobao.You get 10X points when you shop at retails for babies and children's wear, clothes, bags and shoes, department stores, electronics and gadgets; which cover almost all retails. Also the OCBC Reward is a $10 rebate for 3600 points which I think is fare.

OCBC Titanium Rewards Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation