Forum
Last updated: 

Who has an idea what the make-up of this new SAFRA DBS Credit & Debit Cards is all about?

How can I use my SAFRA$? Who can tell me the eligibility to apply for the SAFRA DBS Debit Card and how many Supplementary Cards one can have under the SAFRA DBS Credit card?

User comments

• user image

No Name

The SAFRA DBS Debit Cards plays a double as both a Debit card as well as a SAFRA Membership Card. For SAFRA DBS Debit Card members, SAFRA$ can be used to offset purchases at SAFRA clubhouses and redeem SAFRA$ to be credited to the Current/Savings Account linked to your SAFRA DBS Debit Card. Eligibility for the SAFRA DBS Credit or Debit Card is exclusive to SAFRA Members only. While a female Spouse or child dependant (18 years and above) can apply for the supplementary SAFRA DBS Credit Card, the Principal member has to be a SAFRA DBS Credit Card member. Approvals of the Credit Card is also subjected to application requirements of the DBS Credit Card. If the Principal SAFRA DBS Credit card member is a male then card member then supplementary cards for the female spouse must be accompanied with the marriage certification document and Children although with no limitation, but must be 20 years and below and accompanied with birth certification document upon application.

2019.08.01 5:2

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

What is Singapore's main landline provider?

What are bond and how do they work?

What are Stocks?

Related Reviews

Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend

OCBC Voyage Card is perfect for well-off consumers with a shifting travel schedule, who want to earn high miles locally and overseas. Consumers earn 2.4 miles per S$1 spend overseas and 1.2 miles on general local spend, which aligns with similar cards. Consumers are most likely to benefit from OCBC voyage card if they spend most of their budget locally, with at least 25% of local spend on dining.

OCBC VOYAGE Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International

Poor and upleasant hotline

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.

HSBC Revolution Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Great customer service officers

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International

Emergency legal and medical assistance

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International