Forum
Last updated: 

Who can tell why two room apartments cost tow times the rent of a one room apartment?

Why do two room apartments cost more than a one room apartment? Doesn’t that defeat the purpose of having a roommate to help pay rent if it doubles?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Well actually, a two bedroom apartment does not cost double what one-bedroom apartments do. At least not double as you think. The difference in price is usually around 20%-30%. So if a 1-bedroom is renting for $1,000, a 2-bedroom would often rent for $1,300. This assumption however is based on comparing highly similar properties, such as in the same neighborhood, on the market at basically the same time, same building and in-unit features (e.g. updated kitchen and bathroom, heat, air-conditioning, overall age and niceness). The easiest example is two different units in the same building or apartment complex.

2019.08.01 18:0

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can I borrow money for the things I want to buy in the mall?

What would you consider as the most dishonest thing you have ever experienced in your working life?

My wife is loves to go shopping

As a foreigner in this country I want to try shopping local goods.

I have a friend that has a hearing disability with ID, can she avail discounts when he travel across country?

Should I buy a house for my boyfriend?