What skills should I have to be a good investor?

I am a young investor who's dream is to become a successful investor however it is not that easy to become one. It takes years of experience and guidance to become a successful investor. There are many things to learn and skills to acquire. What are the skills that I need to learn and have to become a successful investor?

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.

• user image

No Name

An inescapable path to becoming a successful investor is to learn how to become a lifelong student. Learn from other investor's success and mistakes. Learn how they made the money, not how they spent it. Place value on value, buy assets that you know are underpriced and sell them for a higher value. Always have healthy Skpeticism which is very hard to acquire as the world is full of malice. Lastly but not the least is to sharpen your analytical ability as being able to analyze what is going on is very crucial to becoming a good investor.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

How do I buy and sell my bonds?

What are bond and how do they work?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

What are Stocks?

I can't stop spending, I need to invest now.

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

Related Reviews

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

Spa privileges that come with card membership

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

Confused About Financial Products?

You can chat directly and receive the best offers from the experts.