Forum
Last updated: 

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

I've heard that there's a company that offfers a free sim only plan. I'm an overseas worker who just arrived in Singapore and I don't have much cash to work with so I was wondering if there is actually such a thing and if there is, which mobile company offers thse plans what are the service/services that are included in the plan?

User comments

• user image

No Name

At first it might sound lika a hoax but since this is Singapore where possibilities are limitless. There is a company called Circles.Life that offers a free sim only plan. Their plan includes 1GB of data, 30min talk time and 10 SMS every month for S$0. This is perfect for someone who just needs a sim card for emergency purposes or someone who needs a line so they can be reached but does not use their phone much. TPG also offers one which includes 2G of data/day but you can;t use it for calls and SMS.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

Related Reviews

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation