What are the different types of stock?

The stock market is a huge place to venture and there are different types of stocks. I want to invest my money on stocks but I'm not sure which type of stock I should invest my money on. I want to know the different types of stocks and what are the differences and or similarities between these stocks.

• user image

No Name

There are different types of stock. Blue Chip Stock are the safest because they are simply shares of well-established, well-recognised, profitable, and financially sound companies.. Next is the unloved, neglecter or commonly known as Value stocks whichare priced below its fundamental value because of its unglamorous characteristics. Lastly we have the Exchange-Trade funds which is a type of fund that is traded in the stock exchange like stocks that owns a basket of assets (bonds, stocks and commodities).

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Should I invest on properties in Singapore?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

Related Reviews

Spa privileges that come with card membership

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

Earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase

OCBC Cashflo Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

If you target to spend on major event tickets and high price items with the plan to split by instalment then this card is for you. However I notice that if you have an existing OCBC saving account, it makes bill payments much more seamless. And aside from being able to split payment into monthly instalments interest free, you can earn up to 1% rebate on your purchase. Only few cards in the market that allow auto convert spending into interest free instalment and still be entitled to 0.5% or 1% cash rebate.

Fantastic Rewards

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

Spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points

American Express Rewards Card / American Express International

The welcome bonus with this card is quite mouth-watering. Simply spend S$1,500 in the first 3 months to receive 24,000 Membership Rewards points. That you will find to be enough points to redeem for S$110 cash credit. Plus you can see the points add up with 100% bonus points on all spend in your first 3 months of Card Membership. I have been using this card now for 6 months and am yet to find reasons to complain.

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.