Forum
Last updated: 

What are the different types of stock?

The stock market is a huge place to venture and there are different types of stocks. I want to invest my money on stocks but I'm not sure which type of stock I should invest my money on. I want to know the different types of stocks and what are the differences and or similarities between these stocks.

User comments

• user image

No Name

There are different types of stock. Blue Chip Stock are the safest because they are simply shares of well-established, well-recognised, profitable, and financially sound companies.. Next is the unloved, neglecter or commonly known as Value stocks whichare priced below its fundamental value because of its unglamorous characteristics. Lastly we have the Exchange-Trade funds which is a type of fund that is traded in the stock exchange like stocks that owns a basket of assets (bonds, stocks and commodities).

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What skills should I have to be a good investor?

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

How much can foreigners borrow under the amendments to the Moneylenders Act?

What are the characteristics of a bond?

What is HSBC's personal loan in brief?

HSBC Personal Loan

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

Related Reviews

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire

First of all, unlike other loyalty programmes, the American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire. Furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can stand to accumulate, you just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it, pretty much the skies can be your limit as you can use the points the way you want from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card.

American Express Personal Card / American Express International

Pleasant Rewards

In my opinion, this card is one of the best cards in the market especially as there are no expiry date to miles earned and an amazing 2 VIP airport lounge access. I love the fact that the card can be used for major big ticket items and to clock mileage. Redemption can be done easily without hassle and customer service staff are very helpful

Citi PremierMiles Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International

Spa privileges that come with card membership

I find it very pleasant and rewarding the Platinum Wellness offerings of the AMEX Express Platinum Credit Card as I get to rest and replenish after a hard week at work. I treat myself to spa privileges that come with my Card Membership with spa vouchers from Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. I do this one’s a week and enjoy up to 40% off à la carte spa services at Adeva Spa, Spa Rael and The Ultimate. Simply relaxing and feels good to be pampered.

American Express Platinum Credit Card / American Express International