Forum
Last updated: 

What are investments in Singapore that would provide guaranteed principal and returns?

Investing is not just a business but also a risk and even be considered as a gamble if investors such as myself are not aware of what to invest on. As a new investor I still want to have the feeling of safety and security when it comes to earning as I also need to sustain myself and my family. Are there such things as investments in Singapore that provide guaranteed principals and returns?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Just like in any country, there aren't many investments that guarantee your principal as well as returns in Singapore but of those that do, you should be very careful of scams. One other thing to understand is that when you get to enjoy such safety in your investments and visibility in your cashflows, you need to be prepared to accept a rate of return that is close to the risk-free rate. Your first bet is to invest on Singapore Government Treasury bills and/or Singapore Government Bonds. You can also try investing on saving plans or fixed deposits but the returns are low. If you want higher returns then you really need to invest on high risk investments.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

Related Reviews

Poor Customer Service

I am quite very disappointed with this card as I have never received the vouchers for all the points I have accumulated so far. I have on several occasions made complaints via the phone and even in person, but all to no avail. I would not recommend this card to anyone for this reason, i have to say unfortunately.

Citi Rewards Card / Citibank Singapore

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally

This card offers a few thrills if you are one for accumulating miles as you can earn 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 equivalent in foreign currency spent overseas on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, you can earn 2 KrisFlyer miles. Furthermore the card allows earnings of 1.3 KrisFlyer miles for every S$1 spent locally in Singapore dollars on eligible purchases up to S$3,800 each month. On such purchases above S$3,800 each month, earnings are 1.4 KrisFlyer miles. Highly recommended for those who seek to accumulate miles.

American Express Singapore Airlines PPS Club Credit Card / American Express International