Forum
Last updated: 

What are investments in Singapore that would provide guaranteed principal and returns?

Investing is not just a business but also a risk and even be considered as a gamble if investors such as myself are not aware of what to invest on. As a new investor I still want to have the feeling of safety and security when it comes to earning as I also need to sustain myself and my family. Are there such things as investments in Singapore that provide guaranteed principals and returns?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Just like in any country, there aren't many investments that guarantee your principal as well as returns in Singapore but of those that do, you should be very careful of scams. One other thing to understand is that when you get to enjoy such safety in your investments and visibility in your cashflows, you need to be prepared to accept a rate of return that is close to the risk-free rate. Your first bet is to invest on Singapore Government Treasury bills and/or Singapore Government Bonds. You can also try investing on saving plans or fixed deposits but the returns are low. If you want higher returns then you really need to invest on high risk investments.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What is Singapore's main landline provider?

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

Why should I invest my money in Singapore?

What are bond and how do they work?

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

Related Reviews

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Emergency legal and medical assistance

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire

First of all, unlike other loyalty programmes, the American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire. Furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can stand to accumulate, you just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it, pretty much the skies can be your limit as you can use the points the way you want from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card.

American Express Personal Card / American Express International

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore