Forum
Last updated: 

How long am I only supposed to work if I am covered by the employment act?

As an employee covered by the employment act, how long am I only supposed to work in a week? Am I also entitled to overtime pay just in case i exceed my hours of work? Am I also entitled to breaks and rest days? I want to know all of these so that I would know if my contractors were to take these rights away from me.

User comments

• user image

No Name

For common work arrangements, your contractual hours of work are as follows: If you work 5 days or less a week your contractu al hours of work are Up to 9 hours per day or 44 hours a week and if you work more than 5 days a week your contractual hours of work are up to 8 hours a day or 44 hours a week. For other work arrangements, your contractual hours of work are as follows: If youwork less than 44 hours every alternate week your contractual hours of work are up to 48 hours a week, but capped at 88 hours in any continuous 2-week period. If you work shifts of up to 12 hours a day your contractual hours of work are uto an average of 44 hours over a continuous 3-week period..Overtime work is all work in excess of the normal hours of work (excluding breaks).You can claim overtime if you are:a non-workman earning up to $2,600.or a workman earning up to $4,500.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Fraud by the employees

What are the most in demand jobs in Singapore?

Who manages employment disputes in Singapore?

As an employer, what can I do if my employees are evperiencing employment grievances?

How can I collect debts with my employee?

Emotional damage