Forum
Last updated: 

How long am I only supposed to work if I am covered by the employment act?

As an employee covered by the employment act, how long am I only supposed to work in a week? Am I also entitled to overtime pay just in case i exceed my hours of work? Am I also entitled to breaks and rest days? I want to know all of these so that I would know if my contractors were to take these rights away from me.

User comments

• user image

No Name

For common work arrangements, your contractual hours of work are as follows: If you work 5 days or less a week your contractu al hours of work are Up to 9 hours per day or 44 hours a week and if you work more than 5 days a week your contractual hours of work are up to 8 hours a day or 44 hours a week. For other work arrangements, your contractual hours of work are as follows: If youwork less than 44 hours every alternate week your contractual hours of work are up to 48 hours a week, but capped at 88 hours in any continuous 2-week period. If you work shifts of up to 12 hours a day your contractual hours of work are uto an average of 44 hours over a continuous 3-week period..Overtime work is all work in excess of the normal hours of work (excluding breaks).You can claim overtime if you are:a non-workman earning up to $2,600.or a workman earning up to $4,500.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Am I entitled to public holidays?

How much do we get paid on a public holiday? Do we also get payed if the holiday falls on a weekday?

What are the most in demand jobs in Singapore?

As an employer, what can I do if my employees are evperiencing employment grievances?

They changed the contract

What are the types of claims?