Forum
Last updated: 

What is the silver support scheme?

I've heard that Singapore offers a silver support scheme for the elderly. Who is the silver support scheme actually for? How do I get the silver support scheme? What are the eligibility for the scheme? Can non-Singaporeans also be registered to the Silver support scheme that is offered by the country? Can all the elderly be part of the scheme?

User comments

• user image

No Name

The program supports the elderly who had low incomes through life and now have little or no family support. The Silver Support Scheme is targeted at the bottom 20% of Singaporeans aged 65 and there is no need to register. To be eligible, you must be a Singapore citizen who is 65 and above, and must meet all of the criteria: Total CPF contributions of not more than $70,000 by age 55, Self-employed persons must have a yearly net trade income of not greater than $22,800 when you were between the age of 45 and 54, live in an HDB flat that is 5-room or smaller, not own and or have a spouse who owns a 5-room or larger HDB flat or private, live in a household with a monthly income of not more than $1,100.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Are young children allowed to do minor tasks in Singapore?

As an employer, what can I do if my employees are evperiencing employment grievances?

Fraud by the employees

How can I collect debts with my employee?

Will employees receive payment if the company shutdown?

When should I file my claim to the TADM?