Forum
Last updated: 

Didn't received the assets I invested

I invested a huge amount of money to a certain company and after a month, it was forced to be liquified since the company is already insolvent. I am kind of disappointed since what I invested did not have any interests but instead was lessened. Is it part of doing business? And what qualities of a company should I look for in order to prevent doing it again.

User comments

• user image

No Name

When a business files bankruptcy, the trustee of the company will liquidate all the assets left and it will be used to pay the company's debt which includes debt to all investors and creditors. The company will not give you the rest of the assets invested because in the first place, it was the investor's choice to invest and it is not a secret that you will take a risk when it comes to business.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

What are bond and how do they work?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

Related Reviews

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Great customer service officers

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation