Forum
Last updated: 

Are my employers required to keep my records?

As an employee I am concerned if my employers are keeping track of my records. I'm not sure if they are required to but I believe they should have a detailed record in cases of disputes and misunderstandings especially between the salary. I also think that it is beneficial if they keep a track of when I started working and the date when I leave the compnany should there be a need to for future references. I just want to know if they are required to keep my records because it would be a relief on my part in case they are required to do so.

User comments

• user image

No Name

You don't have to worry about your employers keeping your records because they are required to keep your record and this has been required for people under the Employment Act since April1, 2016. It can be either in hard copy or soft copy. The records are divided into two. The employee record which indicates all the necessary information about the employee from the date of employment. The othe rone is the salary record which keeps the record of the employees salary and this is the same as the itemised pay slip.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

May I use personal money to lend my employee?

As an employee, what can I do if I am experiencing workplace grievance?

Will employees receive payment if the company shutdown?

Emotional damage

Are young children allowed to do minor tasks in Singapore?

What is the Employment act of Singapore?