Forum
Last updated: 

What are the penaltiesb for not paying CPF?

I've been working for a company for over a year and I discovered that my employers did not make any contributions to my CPF. I am a foreigner yet I am a permanent resident of Singapore so I know that they are required to contribute. This is not acceptable and I want to know what they would be liable for because they did not comply with the Employment Act.

User comments

• user image

No Name

If they did not comply then they are liable to late payment interest charged at 18% per annum starting from the first day of the following month after the contributions are due. The minimum interest payable is $5 per month, a fine of up to $5,000 and no less than $1,000 per offence and/or up to 6 months jail,a fine of up to $10,000 and no less than $2,000 per offence and/or 12 months jail for repeat offenders and a fine of up to $10,000, imprisonment of up to 7 years or both if you deduct your employee’s share of CPF contributions but fail to pay the contributions to CPF Board.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

An agency I applied for is a fraud.

An employee damage something while his doing his job

As an employee, what can I do if I am experiencing workplace grievance?

How do i know if I am eligible to work in Singapore?

How much do we get paid on a public holiday? Do we also get payed if the holiday falls on a weekday?

Fraud by the employees