Forum
Last updated: 

How do I implement fair employment practices?

I want to adpat fair employment practices because I want to be a fair and a non-biased employment. In doing so I would have access to different talent pools hand have staff that would be more productive. I also want to improve my staff-retention. I want my employees to feel that they are not being discriminated by any means which is why I want to know some guiding principles to achieve this.

User comments

• user image

No Name

As stated in the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices, you can recruit and select employees on the basis of merit regardless of age, race, gender, religion, marital status and family responsibilities, or disability. You must treat employees fairly and with respect, and implement progressive human resource management systems.reward employees fairly based on their ability, performance, contribution and experience, provide employees with equal opportunity to be considered for training and development based on their strengths and needs and most importantly abide by labour laws and adopt the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices..

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

What are the different types of Visa in Singapore?

How long am I only supposed to work if I am covered by the employment act?

How do i know if I am eligible to work in Singapore?

I am an employee in a big company and I am having a surgery and requested by my doctor to have a whole month leave.

How can I collect debts with my employee?

How much do we get paid on a public holiday? Do we also get payed if the holiday falls on a weekday?