Forum
Last updated: 

Can I convert my Rewards points with the HSBC Revolution Credit Card into air miles?

My girlfriend has the HSBC Revolution Credit Card and she is not too knowledgeable about the cards workings, she wishes to convert her rewards points with the HSBC Revolution Credit Card into air miles. But even before that how does she get to earn the Rewards points?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Her Rewards points can be translated into free flights with frequent flyer programmes from Singapore Airlines Krisflyer and Asia Miles. Every 5,000 Rewards points can be exchanged for 2,000 miles while every dollar charged to her credit card earns her one Rewards point. Rewards points can be used to redeem shopping, dining and entertainment vouchers, gifts and cash rebates. Fortunately too, Rewards points last for three years.

2019.08.01 5:28

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Poor and upleasant hotline

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.

HSBC Revolution Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Essentially I use this card only when there is dining discounts

Funny enough, I signed up for this card a couple of years back in order to get a free Samsonite luggage after spending $5,000. I still use this card howbeit not as frequently as I used to previously. Essentially I use this card only when there's dining discounts or when I use it along with the free HSBC Entertainer App. The HSBC Entertainer App provides 1-for-1 deals.

Online expenditure and dining rebates are decent with this card

While online expenditure and dining rebates are decent with this card, the card has been ousted by other credit cards. Aside from maybe the discounted Golden Village movie tickets they offer which in my honest opinion is far better than any other bank's credit cards or rebates. This card does not really have much to write home about.

I don’t see a point using this card frequently unless there’s a specific HSBC promotion

The cash rebates for supermarket and dining have been outshined by other family oriented card. Presently, I don’t see a point to use this card frequently unless there’s a specific HSBC promotion with the retailer or airline. I use to hold this card but nothing fantastic and signed up due to bank promotions. Regretted it and hope my review will make others to think twice about the purschase.

Recommending Forums

How much credit limit will I be granted on my HSBC Revolution credit card?

HSBC Revolution Credit Card

Related Forums

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

WHat is the cheapest unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

I'm looking for an unlimited mobile data plan that is cheap and reliable. I already have one which offers me Unlimited data and unlimited call and SMS but I'm currently on a budget and I don;t really call or send SMS so I'm looking for a low priced but reliable unlimited mobile data plan with adequate speed.

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

What are investments in Singapore that would provide guaranteed principal and returns?

What is Singapore's main landline provider?

Related Reviews

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Poor Customer Service

I am quite very disappointed with this card as I have never received the vouchers for all the points I have accumulated so far. I have on several occasions made complaints via the phone and even in person, but all to no avail. I would not recommend this card to anyone for this reason, i have to say unfortunately.

Citi Rewards Card / Citibank Singapore

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire

First of all, unlike other loyalty programmes, the American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire. Furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can stand to accumulate, you just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it, pretty much the skies can be your limit as you can use the points the way you want from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card.

American Express Personal Card / American Express International

Poor and upleasant hotline

I am a fresh graduate and just started my first job, I signed up for this card due to the onetime $150 cash back reward for $800 spend within the first two months. However for its main monthly rewards, it is nothing to be pleasant about and the hotline is very bad, I even had to hold more than 20 minutes during non-peak hour.