Forum
Last updated: 

I just got an American Express Gold Card and would like to know how many Cards I can hold with American Express as a permanent resident?

Is it possible to hold more than one American express card at once and if so, what kind of documents do I need to provide as I am a permanent resident?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Yes you may hold more than one American express card in addition to your current card but the maximum is 2 credit cards and one charge card issued by the American Express Singapore. As a permanent resident, the documents you will require are Photo ID, a Photocopy of NRIC (front & back) for both Basic and Supplementary Card Applicants

2019.08.01 5:41

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

They are only a phone call away to help you with enquiries and bookings

Exclusively for Gold Charter Members, the banks dedicated Charter Customer Assist team stands ready to assist with any request. Whether it's a bouquet of flowers for your lover, a game of golf at a choice golf course, restaurant reservations or a sporting event; they are only a phone call away to help you with enquiries and bookings within the Asia Pacific region. Actually you will even be able to obtain travel assistance during office hours.

24 months of protection and a maximum warranty period of 48 months.

I like the extended warranty were they will double the original manufacturer's warranty when you make a purchase on your American Express Gold Charter Card in Singapore. And also give you up to an additional 24 months of protection and a maximum warranty period of 48 months. Quite simply, you enjoy more protection for your purchases with your American Express Gold Charter Card.

Earn 2 Membership Rewards points for every S$1.60 spent

I am new to the card but I would like to say that the cards membership rewards programme is amazing allowing you to earn 2 Membership Rewards points for every S$1.60 spent. Enrolment into the Membership Rewards Programme is required for points to be awarded. You can choose to enrol in one of the two options of Non-Frequent Traveller Option or the Frequent Traveller Option.

Recommending Forums

With so many options of Amex cards to choose from, why should I choose the Amex Gold Card?

American Express Gold Card

Related Forums

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

What are thee companies that offer monthly investment plans and who are the individuals who should get these plans?

I'm investing on a farm abroad by using my credit card.I got scammed

What is the cheapest sim only plan in Singapore that provides data, calls and SMS?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

Related Reviews

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

Looking to maximize on the number of priority pass visits and other privileges

If you are like me an HSBC Premier client and also a frequent traveller that can maximize the number of priority pass visits, limo and meet-and-assist services as well as your supplementary cardholders too, then this is the card for you. The reduced general mile earn rate is worth the trade-off for the unlimited priority pass memberships, as well as the high number of limo and meet-and-assist services that you can use.

HSBC VISA Infinite Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Ease of use to accumulate on miles

The American Express Krisflyer Credit Card has an attractive sign up bonus and it is easy to use to accumulate on miles as no conversion into KF account is required, and monthly auto “sweeping” of miles help save in the conversion fee. I also have had good experiences with their customer care service as the call center service is absolutely awesome.

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Credit Card / American Express International

When I apply via MyInfoget I get to use my card instantly

So it is really convenient that I can get and use my card instantly when I apply via MyInfo. And the cards instant digital card that can be used for mobile wallets, online and mobile app purchases. Now aside from the same day physical credit card issuance for online applications you also get S$50 cash rebate upon approval with no minimum spend required. However that is only for new OCBC Credit Card applications.

OCBC Robinsons Group Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Fantastic Rewards

A 5% cash rebate on fuel purchases and a 16% instant discount is a great deal for me I must say, the HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card indeed makes driving more fun for me as i always look forward to the 16% instant discount plus 5% cash rebate on all fuel spend at Caltex and Shell stations

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation