What is the auto-activation magstripe feature of the DBS Takashimaya Cards all about?

I will be grateful if someone can educate me on the auto-activation magstripe feature of the DBS Takashimaya Cards and how soon after successful completion will my card’s magstripe be activated or deactivated as the case may be?

• user image

No Name

The auto-activation magstripe feature is a new feature only available on the DBS Lifestyle app. Once you have enabled the auto-activation magstripe feature, it will detect your device’s location and automatically activates your card’s magstripe when you travel, and deactivate it when you are home, in the process providing you convenience and card security.

2019.08.01 5:59

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Reviews

A rewardiing 0.5% rebate on all card spends

DBS Takashimaya VISA Card / DBS Bank

Although a 0.5% voucher rebate sounds like it’s not that exciting but when you consider that it is a 0.5% rebate on all card spend, that is all your shopping, dining and other card spend turned into voucher rebates to offset your shopping at Takashimaya Department Store, then it begins to make more sense as a deal. Plus you can redeem S$10 Takashimaya Shopping Voucher with every S$2000 spent outside Takashimaya Department Store per quarter.

With the DBS Takashimaya card you get to earn 2 Takashimaya bonus points for every $12 charged to the card at Takashimaya Department Stores

With the DBS Takashimaya card you get to earn 2 Takashimaya bonus points for every $12 charged to this card at Takashimaya Department Stores, including at all its high-end designer boutiques. After charging $1,800 to your card you can accumulate 300 bonus points and can redeem $90 Takashimaya Gift Voucher which is equivalent to a 5% voucher rebate

You can enjoy a free $3 top-up to your cash card with a minimum purchase of $120 at the Takashimaya Department Store

I believe it is best to become a Takashimaya VIP member and enjoy an additional 10% discount at the Takashimaya department stores aside from basic 2 Takashimaya bonus points you earn for every $12 charged to the card at Takashimaya Department Stores store during selected sale events. You can equally enjoy a free $3 top-up to your Cash Card with a minimum purchase of $120 at the Takashimaya Department Store

Earn 2 Takashimaya Bonus Points with every $12 charged at Takashimaya Department Stores

I like this card for the 5% voucher rebates that come with using it and the offering to earn 2 Takashimaya Bonus Points with every $12 charged at Takashimaya Department Store, also because I can redeem $30 worth of Takashimaya Gift Vouchers with 100 Takashimaya Bonus Points. I must confess that I am addicted to deals and making the most of card benefits. I am currently still impressed by this cards deals.

Every $5 charged anywhere gives you 1 DBS Point

With an additional 10% savings that you can achieve during selected sale events at Takashimaya Department Stores and an opportunity to receive $6 top-up to your CashCard when you charge a minimum amount of $250 to your DBS Takashimaya Card at Takashimaya Department Store. Every $5 charged anywhere gives you 1 DBS Point, you can then proceed to accumulate and exchange your DBS Points for more Takashimaya Gift Vouchers and shop for free.

Related Forums

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

What are the different SmartPhone devices that I need to start a business using my smartphone?

What are bond and how do they work?

Related Reviews

Looking to maximize on the number of priority pass visits and other privileges

HSBC VISA Infinite Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

If you are like me an HSBC Premier client and also a frequent traveller that can maximize the number of priority pass visits, limo and meet-and-assist services as well as your supplementary cardholders too, then this is the card for you. The reduced general mile earn rate is worth the trade-off for the unlimited priority pass memberships, as well as the high number of limo and meet-and-assist services that you can use.

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and more

HSBC Premier MasterCard / HSBC Bank Singapore

For me nothing beats the 5% year-round cash rebates on dining, groceries, petrol and transport (that is taxis, ride hailing, trains and buses inclusive), locally and overseas when you spend minimum S$600 per month. And the cash rebate is capped at S$150 per month. So if you don’t drive, not to worry as you can enjoy 5% cash rebate for your transportation needs, be it a taxi ride, a booking made via ride hailing apps, or trains/buses.

Great customer service officers

American Express Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Ascend Credit Card / American Express International

I have had this card for a long while. The good thing with the card is that AMEX have been waiving my annual fees which is probably why I still have the card. The pros with this card include – Great customer service officers that are friendly and will do their best to help you with prompt follow ups, direct credit of miles to your Krisflyer account, many small promos every few months with a fantastic sign up promo, no minimum spending and perfect for concert lovers as AMEX offers priority to provide tickets.