Forum
Last updated: 

Are my personal information’s safe when paying with Visa PayWave via my NUS Alumni Platinum Card?

I am in search of a credit card that will give me ample spend freedom and also allow me to contribute to my alma mater at the same time. So I was recommend the Visa PayWave, would my information be safe when paying with Visa PayWave?

User comments

• user image

No Name

Yes! Visa PayWave transactions are just as secure as magnetic stripe transactions and are processed through the same reliable payment network. And, because you remain in control of your payment device during Visa PayWave transactions, the risk of fraud is highly reduced. With Visa PayWave, you don’t even need to enter your PIN number to pay. Since you keep hold of your device throughout, there is lower risk of fraud than with traditional swipe technology.

2019.08.01 6:23

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

What is cross border privilege all about with the NUS Alumni Platinum Card?

Standard Chartered NUS Alumni Platinum Card

Related Forums

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

Which University Majors in Singapore has the highest return on Investments?

At what age can you get a landline in Singapore?

What are the characteristics of a bond?

What are Stocks?

What are investments in Singapore that would provide guaranteed principal and returns?

Related Reviews

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Protection of up to 90 days for online purchases

The delivered on the promise of purchase Protection of up to 90 days when ensured reimbursement on an eligible online purchases I made with my Amex Express Gold Card. Irrespective where you buy online or shopping at the local supermarket, their Purchase Protection offers repair, replacement or reimbursement on eligible purchases made with the Card, that has been damaged or stolen within 90 days of purchase.

American Express Gold Card / American Express International

Too bad it is not an unlimited cashback card

Unfortunately, the HSBC advance card is not an unlimited cashback card as they have a cap on the cashback per month, even for advance banking clients. Furthermore, if you are not an advance banking client, you would not get subsequent card fee waiver if you do not get to spend at least $12,000 in a year.

HSBC Advance Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International

Emergency legal and medical assistance

Seldom would you find a card that has your best interest at heart as the AMEX Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card with its Emergency legal and medical assistance even when you are anywhere in the world. You can enjoy privileges around the globe with Live the World and American Express with all round protection against accidental damage or theft for your purchases.

American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card / American Express International

American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire

First of all, unlike other loyalty programmes, the American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire. Furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can stand to accumulate, you just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it, pretty much the skies can be your limit as you can use the points the way you want from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card.

American Express Personal Card / American Express International