Forum
Last updated: 

What is cross border privilege all about with the NUS Alumni Platinum Card?

Hi, I am interested to know what the cross border privilege with the NUS Alumni Platinum Card is all about. I have just applied for the card and waiting for its arrival.

User comments

• user image

No Name

The Good Life program consists of cross border privileges which extend privileges from various countries to each and every cardholder regardless of the card issuing country to enhance the benefits cardholders are receiving. For example, if you hold a Standard Chartered card issued in Singapore, you would be able to enjoy The Good Life privileges in various countries like Hong Kong, Malaysia, and Thailand and so on.

2019.08.01 4:8

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

Are my personal information’s safe when paying with Visa PayWave via my NUS Alumni Platinum Card?

Standard Chartered NUS Alumni Platinum Card

Related Forums

How should I invest on my medical supplements using a credit card?

Why did the MOM decide to change the money lending laws for foreigners?

What exactly does liquidation do for me and why would I ever consider?

Are there free sim plans in Singapore?

What are investments in Singapore that would provide guaranteed principal and returns?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Related Reviews

I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a.

I love that I can enjoy Interest rates starting from 5.80% p.a. (EIR 11.38% p.a.) on their 12-month instalment plan which allows for fixed monthly repayments.The monthly repayment for your Cash-on-Instalments is fixed, allowing you to manage your finances with ease of mind. That works perfect for me as it helps me to be more organized and I give them thumbs up.

NTUC Plus! Visa Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend

OCBC Frank Card stands out for its low minimum spend requirement and annual fee waiver however, it’s not a great match for consumers seeking everyday cashback. Online spend on utilities, recurring bills, and school and hospital payments are all not eligible for rebate. Dining, groceries, and other categories are also not rewarded. Ultimately, OCBC Frank Card offers young adults a great, no-fee way to earn cashback from social and online spend. OCBC Frank Card is definitely worth consideration.

FRANK Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC

Even as the OCBC Plus! Visa is not a cashback card, thus there is no cap, or "maximum" cash back, you get to still earn rebates in the form of cash rebates and LinkPoints by shopping at NTUC. However do note that there is a minimum spend of $500 in places outside NTUC before the full range of rebates and LinkPoints can be unlocked.

OCBC Plus! VISA Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Family Package Rewards

My family had a really fun time with the 10% off Siam Adventure Club Family Package Booking which came with breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 kids with a Kids room setup in room and full access to kids activities. We even enjoyed daily evening drinks for whole family on selected menu from 5pm to 6pm.

HSBC VISA Platinum Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire

First of all, unlike other loyalty programmes, the American Express Personal Card membership rewards points do not expire. Furthermore, with no restriction on the number of points you can stand to accumulate, you just need to choose the reward you want and you'll have time to get it, pretty much the skies can be your limit as you can use the points the way you want from redeeming shopping, travel and entertainment rewards to offsetting purchases made on your Card.

American Express Personal Card / American Express International

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore