Forum
Last updated: 

How is the interest on my DBS/POSB Personal Loan repaid across the monthly instalments?

Hello all, I would be glad to know how the interest on my DBS/POSB Personal Loan is repaid across the monthly instalments as this will help me better understand the strategy to take in loan repayment.

User comments

• user image

No Name

Assuming that you are taking up a loan at $5,000 at 3.88% p.a. for 2 years (EIR 8.20% p.a. inclusive of 1% processing fee), your monthly instalment will come up to be about $224.50 and there will be no change to it throughout the tenure of the loan. Monthly interest and principal are apportioned differently; in the earlier instalments, a larger portion of your monthly instalment goes towards paying off the interest on the loan. The interest portion will be reduced gradually with each instalment.

2019.08.01 6:46

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Recommending Forums

After applying for a DBS Personal loan, what can I next step should I expect?

DBS Personal Loan

Related Forums

What are the characteristics of a bond?

WHat is the best way to invest my money on?

How do U apply for a telephone line in Singapore?

How do I notify my landline provider my change of address?

Who are the foreigner that would affected by the changes in the laws of borrowing money?

What is the best unlimited mobile data plan in Singapore?

Related Reviews

Fee waivers and No transfe fees

The AMEX Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card gives a First Year Fee Waiver for you to enjoy and also for your supplementary card members. In addition there are no transfer fees and all the KrisFlyer miles you can earn are directly transferred automatically to your KrisFlyer account with no transfer fee. I would recommend this card for these few reasons which could really make the difference.

American Express Singapore Airlines Solitaire PPS Credit Card / American Express International

40,000 Membership Rewards points to refer a friends to the card

I like the idea that I can receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points when I get to successfully refer any of my friends to the card. Even more so as my friends can also receive 40,000 Membership Rewards points upon spend of S$5,000 in the first 3 months of their Card Membership. I think that is pretty much a win-win situation.

American Express Platinum Card / American Express International

Complimentary Night Stay a Success

Very impressed by the complimentary night stay I got after I made bookings for a five nights stay at a resort I spent my birthday at in Malaysia. Even more pleasing was the complimentary golf games at a high quality golf courses in Malaysia. As a matter of fact, I had as much as six complementary golf games.

Citi Cash Back Visa Card / Citibank Singapore

Looking to maximize on the number of priority pass visits and other privileges

If you are like me an HSBC Premier client and also a frequent traveller that can maximize the number of priority pass visits, limo and meet-and-assist services as well as your supplementary cardholders too, then this is the card for you. The reduced general mile earn rate is worth the trade-off for the unlimited priority pass memberships, as well as the high number of limo and meet-and-assist services that you can use.

HSBC VISA Infinite Credit Card / HSBC Bank Singapore

This card gives me $80 cash rebates every month.

I fancy the OCBC 365 credit because it has cash rebate of $80, but only after you full fill their criteria. They require a minimum spending of $800 per month which in turn earns interest from different spending. This card suits me just fine being that I have broad spending habit and in the process it gives me $80 cash rebates every month. My only dislike is the rebate on the general spending which is 0.3%.

OCBC 365 Credit Card / Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation

Zero Travel Related Online Merchants

The Citi SMRT card is a pretty decent card for spending but they unfortunately exclude travel related online merchants. This to me is the downside of the card and may be a reason to get another card for travel websites.

Citi Prestige Card / Citibank Singapore