Forum
Last updated: 

Would I still get payed if i work on a public holiday?

It's a public holiday today however I still decided to go to work because I have nothing else to do and I need to finish my requirements at work so that I could meet the deadlines. Would I get payed if I worked on a public hokiday and how much would I get payed if I were to get payed by working on a public holiday?

User comments

• user image

No Name

If you work on a public holiday, by default, your employer should pay you an additional day's pay or by mutual agreement, you can get either a public holiday or time off in lieu if you are not covered by Part IV of the Employment Act If you are required to work on a public holiday, you should be paid an extra day's salary at the basic rate. If you are absent without reason the working day before or after the holiday then you are not entitled to the holiday pay. Your employer can therefore deduct one day’s pay at the gross rate from your monthly salary.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

How can market automation make my company better?

How to reduce shopping cart abandonment?

What are the benefits in starting a business in Singapore?

I want to start a business in Singapore as it is regarded as the best. How would starting a business in Singapore benefit my business? What are the reasons to why I should start a business in Singapore? How much of a boost will my business get if I start my business in Singapore and what are there risks to this?

What are the best financing and accounting apps for SmartPhones ?

Is it bad for my business if I rely too much on technology?

How should I name my company?