Forum
Last updated: 

What are the benefits of filing for bankrutpcy?

I have problems in making an alternative private arrangements with my creditors to repay the debt I owe them and with my current situation I think it is unlikely for me to pay for my debts in full which is why I am considering filing for bankrutpcy as an option but what are the actual benefits of filing for bankruptcy?

User comments

• user image

No Name

A good question indeed. Given your current situation, it is highly recommended that you file for bankruptcy so that your debt would stop accumulating and your monthly repayments would be lower. After the making of the Bankruptcy order, your creditors cannot charge interest for the principal sum that you owe them and unlike before, your Official Assignee will decide a suitable amount of monthly contribution that you willhave to make after taking into account what you need for yourself and your family.

2020.03.24 15:44

Please leave your knowledge and opinion!

Related Forums

Can I borrow money physical money from a bank?

WHat would happen if I have been declared bankrupt?

Should I voluntarily file for bankruptcy or should I wat for a creditor to di it?

What are the ways to get our of bankruptcy?

Who would manage my bankruptcy estate and who decides my target contributions?

What are the roles of an official Assignee?

Related Reviews

Terrible customer service in Singapore.

This folks have a terrible customer service in Singapore. If you have a problem, then good luck trying to contact them. I requested for refund and stop any payment to a certain company because I did not receive the ordered items and there was no delivery schedule or whatsoever. The reply was really classic, "Thank you for reporting this case, after reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection" and just like that the case was closed.

PayPal / PayPal

Instant Peer to Peer Payment

Unlike other banks with limits set at $999 or thereabout, if you’re a DBS/POSB customer you can set your daily transfer limit up to S$2,000. There’s also a wallet limit, which caps the amount you can hold in your PayLah! Wallet at any one time, which is up to S$2,000 for DBS/POSB account holders, and S$999 for other users.PayLah! Is a mobile wallet, for making peer to peer payments and spending money in participating stores, restaurants and taxi. You’ll need to have an eligible smartphone and download the PayLah! app to get started

Just PayLah! / DBS Bank

A robust application built with simplicity and fast payments in mind

Yoyo Wallet is a robust application built with simplicity and fast payments in mind. You connect your cards (debit and credit) or Apple Pay once and start using your smartphone to make payments. It allows you to keep all your financial detail in a centralized place, gain no additional wallet weight and take only your smartphone on your shopping experiences. The solution is ultra-secure; your financial details are stored by a trusted payment service provider and not in your smartphone or by Yoyo.

Yoyo Wallet / Yoyo Wallet

I cant tell if it is the App or my phone malfunctioning

This app has been lagging badly for these past one week or thereabout. It got stuck a couple of times last week, while this week, it is just says "busy" while entering the app or after I click to transact. Not sure if it is my upgrade to Android 10 or something else. I wonder if it is my phone that is the problem

Mighty Pay / United Overseas Bank

Top up your Alipay account and use it both in China and Singapore

Technically, you can open an Alipay account in Singapore, but you need a Chinese mobile number and credit card in order to transfer funds to your Alipay mobile wallet. If you’re a Singaporean who lives in China, you’ll be able to top up your Alipay account and use it both in China and Singapore. The following merchants in Singapore accept payment using Alipay; ComfortDelGro, Prime Taxis, Universal Studios, Resorts World Sentosa, Singapore Zoo, Metro and Robinsons. Now you can ask your friends to transfer money via HitPay to you instead of getting them to part with physical money.

AliPay / Alipay Singapore E-Commerce

CardUp charges you a transaction fee for each payment made.

Every transaction you complete using CardUp will incur a 2.6% transaction fee. This can actually add up over time, especially if you’re relying heavily on CardUp. That being said, if your card offers cash rebates or frequent flyer miles, you may easily be able to offset the transaction fee. CardUp works by being a middleman in your transactions. Instead of directly transferring funds from your account to a vendor, you pay CardUp via credit card. CardUp will then transfer the funds to your designated vendor. CardUp charges you a transaction fee for each payment made.

CardUp / CardUp